1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to turn off my reciever at night to get updates.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by satexplorer, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Dock X
    I was wondering how would Directv know my reciever is off and ready for updates. Is this necessary?

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    It does not matter if your receiver is on or in standby. If DIRECTV pushes a update to the unit it will ask if it is ok to download. If you do not press anything or press that it is ok to download it will start downloading after a few minutes.

3. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Dock X
    No future updates when press menu and setup, and channel 114 with no pop up. The first time it popped up on Channel 114, when I first recieved the DVR.

4. rlambert7

rlambert7 Godfather

Feb 7, 2006
    The "pushed" updates generally take place in the wee hours of the morning, so it is unlikely you will see the prompts. They will happen automatically whether or not your receiver is "off" (actually, there is no "off", it's really "standby"). Basically, don't worry about it.

It's also very unlikely you will ever see anything other than "No future updates". I think Earl has pointed out that you might see it say something there if you happened to check just before an update was going to occur. Again, since they occur in the wee hours, it's not likely you will ever see anything other than "No future updates". Don't worry about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.