Do Mover's Deals Still Exist?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TJNash, Jun 19, 2020.

1. TJNash

TJNash AllStar

Jun 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Been a DirecTV account holder for 10+ years. Currently have Premier, + high end protection plan, bundled with ATT&T Gig service. All discounts have fallen off my account, but under contract for another year or so due to equipment upgrades.

We have a house move coming at the end of the month. The house we are buying has a DTV dish on the roof, no idea how old. AT&T Gig service is not available at the new address, so the bundle will go away.

Anyway, I know mover's deals used to be prevalent. My internet search doesn't reveal any current mover incentives. Is that another thing killed by AT&T?

I assume I will have to handle this via calling Retention, unless those of you much more knowledgeable than I can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
  3. TJNash

TJNash AllStar

Jun 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Just to close the loop on this, I called in to the dedicated Mover's number and received the move/new installation for free, with no contract extension.

krel likes this.
  4. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    are you sure??? i was always under the impression the free move added a year contract!!!

5. Dishdude714

Dishdude714 New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I switched apartments in the same building 2 months ago, and sure enough it was free, as a long as i extended the contract 1 year. I asked about the movers deal at the time, and was told that ended sometime back...ugh another year

krel likes this.
  6. TJNash

TJNash AllStar

Jun 5, 2012
    San Diego
    No additional year has been added. Might be because I've been a Premiere subscriber for over 10 years and they threw me a bone? Don't really want to ask why.

krel likes this.
  7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    The Mover's deal has changed several times since I've been a customer (1998). Then to further complicate that, what the CSR tells you is often wrong.

The Mover's Deal web site I linked above does say this:

Does transferring my service cost me anything?
    For DIRECTV customers, a new 12-month term is required for service at your new address. Equipment upgrades require a new 24-month commitment. EARLY TERMINATION FEE of $20 per month for each month remaining on agreement. Equipment non-return and additional fees may apply.

krel and Dishdude714 like this.
  8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    How much time was left on your contract before the move?

9. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    that's what i thought it was always a year contract unless you paid for an install... i hate calling DTV now since ATT took it over. i noticed with the CSR'S most of them are clueless and one hand don't know what the other hands doing compared to the old school days...

10. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    will DTV let you pay for an install to avoid the contract??? hiring your own installer

11. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    ide much rather deal with DTV rather than spectrum cable.. but anyways that year will fly by if you want to go somewhere else;)

12. TJNash

TJNash AllStar

Jun 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Approx 5 months

krel likes this.