1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you listen to music at work?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by jodyguercio, May 20, 2009.

Do you listen to music at work?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    If you do, how do you listen? iPod, radio, computer using some type of media player, or what?

I do and I use Windows Media player.

2. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    I listen to XM using an XM Xpress hooked to my Harman Kardon receiver.....

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I used to but unfortunately we couldn't come to an agreement on what to listen to, and at what volume.

4. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    I bring in my XM from the car.

5. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I have the "hold music" turned on most of the day on my phone... Which I think was set up my Muzak many years ago... It uses a Dish Network receiver... That's all I know...

When I get tired of that, I use my iPhone... Which offers endless possibilities... All of my music, AOL radio (various radio stations all over the country), Pandora, etc...

I have my own office, so I don't really have to worry about bothering anyone... :)

6. Reaper

Reaper Godfather

Jul 30, 2008
    I work in an office environment where streaming of music from the Internet is not allowed. I listen to an XM PC receiver with XtreMe PCR software. The software auto-tunes to my favorite artists and songs and away from my trash artists and songs.

For headphones I use wireless Sennheisers.

Occassionally I listen to my tunes on my iPhone instead.

7. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I either work at home or at the hurricane house that I am rebuilding/selling (currently in the open house stage). I listen to music at both places. I have about 5,000 songs on my IPod and about the same on my computer, but rarely use the IPod anymore. When I am at home I typically will be listening to Slacker.com. When at the hurricane house I am usually listening to my Slacker portable "radio" device. I like the Slacker device because I never know what is going to come up next and the variety is much better. Even with 5,000 songs on the IPod, I know them all. If you couldn't tell, I'm a Slacker fan.

8. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    For about a year we were allowed to bring boom boxes in. Then "in order to be consistent across all wafer fabs" we were no longer allowed to listen to music. That was the official reason. We have various theories as to why. Everything from X rated lyrics to talk radio.

I brought in my MyFi and piped it through my boom box. There is a sweet spot in my bay that can pick up one of the XM repeaters. I loved to listen to Matt the Kat on the 50's channel.

9. Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2006
    Me too

10. Galley

Galley Legend

Apr 2, 2007
    iPhone with headphones.

11. shedberg

shedberg Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    iPod, Sirius - both computer and boombox

12. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    auto repair shop.. always have radio on.. not always listening, just something to cover the quiet.

13. Draconis

Draconis New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I usually have the Zune software on random shuffle during work.

14. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I listen to music for three hours of the time I am at work. It blasts out of JBL speakers mounted high on the wall as it is played from my work computer.

I am the morning man for a 3-station Oldies radio network.

For the other hours of my life I stay as far from music as possible.

15. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    I stream internet radio through my Treo via Pocket Tunes.

Sky.fm, RadioIO, 1.fm. I tend to focus on pop and rock from the 70s and early 80s.

16. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    We are not allowed to use Internet radio - it's considered abuse of bandwidth - and our building is magnetically shielded so no conventional radio. I share an office anyway, so nothing that would disturb my co-worker.

17. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    With all the machinery and noise it creates, there's no point to me having audio entertainment at work. Besides satellite radio reception lacks inside the plant and I wouldn't want to bring my iPod or iPhone in with a audio dock since I work in a dirty environment and they would probably get smashed by something. The noise from all the machinery does drown out others in the plant who listen to the radio, terrestrial radio. Yuck! I'll take loud machines any day over crappy local radio.

18. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    No. I don't work. :grin:

19. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I listen to Sirius in my office.

Company policy here forbids anyone from using sports or music streams. We don't buy bandwidth so that employees can bolster their personal music collections on company time.

I'm pretty stinky about people who complain when their computer locks up when they're running WMP. I tell them to reboot and contemplate using their company provided computer to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.

20. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    I carry a 4 GB Sanza MP3/4 player, it also plays video, so I have the Star Trek Phase II eps on it.