Do you think we will see more improvements on the HR10-250?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Jhon69, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Well I'm new to the HR10-250.I've noticed logos missing like History and History International.Also now with 6.4a I can use the DVR scheduler.:goodjob:

I got the HR10-250 for SD programming plus I can hookup my TV with 480i component and have 200 hours recording and DLB.;)

So my question would be will there be possibly more improvements on the table?.Would be interesting to maybe see a picture in guide,active channel,the ability to access channels in the Mix channels ect. or does the HR10-250 lack the power(hardware) to accomplish this?.:confused:

2. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    If you make the assumption that the fastest way for TiVo to deliver an MPEG-4 DirecTiVo would be to simply port the HR10-250 software to a similar motherboard with MPEG-4 decoders on it, I would say the answer to your question is "yes", because any software enhancements made to the HR10-250 could then presumably carry over to the new MPEG-4 DirecTiVo, and vice-versa.

What those new features might be is a another story, however. If history is any indication, there were no features "unique" to the DirecTiVo platform that were not on the mass-market TiVo's (like picture in GUIDE, ACTIVE, etc.).

There were, however, mass-market TiVo features that weren't enabled on the DirecTiVo.

All just my .02. :) /steve

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I really doubt we'll ever see these sorts of enhancements on the old HR10-250 platform.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I agree. There is some discussion of a new TiVo-based product, please see that thread in the HD-DVR forum, but I doubt there will be any significant feature development on this receiver.