1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does a splitter come with BB DECA?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Herdfan, Jan 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I just ordered my parents a Broadband DECA because for some reason the installer didn't bother to install one when he hooked up their WHDVR.

So DirecTV sent one out with no problem, but will a 2-way splitter be included with this or do I need to go get one.

Thanks.

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    The technician didn't "bother" to hook one up because it was most likely not on his work order. I'm sure he didn't just leave it off because he didn't want to "bother" with it as it would benefit him to give the system a "callback path". You have to specifically ask for it when you order your service or it will not be included. To answer your question no a splitter will most likely not come with it in fact they usually dont just send them out usually another tech would have to come out for this.

3. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I'd order one from eBay or SS . . . or stop a D* truck and give him a good tip!

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    And make sure you get a green label splitter.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Right. The tech may have one, and may be willing to part with it but to be safer, just order one from solidsignal.com. They're not that expensive.

6. jeffloby

jeffloby Legend

Dec 3, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Do you work for DirecTV?

7. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    If he doesn't, he's still giving pretty good information.

8. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I don't want to run him down. but he was a clown. The W.O. called for a SWiM 16, bit he didn't know how to hook one up so he left it and used a SWiM LNB. So we had to call back and have another tech come back and install the correct LNB. And instead of using the SWiM 16 the other tech left, he put in a new one.

So I have a spare SWiM 16 in case one of ours goes bad.

I could run a cable all the way back to the 4-way, I just don't want to. :)

Thanks, I ordered one from SS.

9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    That's interesting. The techs are scrutinized carefully because the SWiM16 costs more than the SWMLNB so they should have to account for them.

10. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    The SWiM 16 was on the original work order due to having 10 tuners. But he didn't know how to hook it up, so he left it. I guess he didn't want to return to the shop with it. :confused:

But he left her R16 not hooked up. So I called back and told them they didn't hook up the the SWiM 16, but instead hooked up a SWiM LNB. So they rescheduled and that tech brought a new SWiM 16. The original was sitting in plain view on the TV stand not 8' from from the closet where the wires converge.

I guess the new W.O. had "Hook up SWiM 16" so the tech brought one not knowing one was already there. Had I been there I would have had him hook it up, but my parents have no idea what I tell them about this stuff anyway, so they didn't know what to tell him.