1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone here use the directv rewards visa card?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mark40511, Jul 24, 2011.

1. mark40511

mark40511 Legend

Jul 18, 2008
    Lexington KY
    I've had this card since beginning service with directv. This is the ONLY card we use and we put everything on this card and pay it off each month. I'm running into a problem with the rewards points.

Every 5000 points I automatically go to the rewards site and choose "50" dollars off my directv bill. We put a lot on the card for work and other things so it accumulates points pretty fast. Especially is the last six months.

But it's like they are two separate entities. As of a week ago, when I logged into my account at the directv.com website (not Barclays), it gives me my balance (which is usually a credit) and it was a balance of $66.53

On June 21st of this year, I had 10,000 points and I submitted in the card rewards section for 50 dollars off my directv bill TWICE which would be 100 dollars, right? So, when Jul 17th came (my ending statement date), there was still the 66.53 that was taken off my bill and the remaining amount auto charged to my directv credit card. (that's fine) I just figured it takes a while for the points to transfer over..........But now, logging into my directv account it shows another credit of 50 dollars has been applied (not 100 dollars as it should be)

Is there a way on the directv.com site to check point transfers?

2. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    I had the card and always had problems collecting rewards so I droped the card.

3. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I have the DirecTV Rewards VISA card. I also request a DTV programming credit of $50 when I achieve 5,000 "points" on the card. I did this just last month and about two weeks later the $50 credit showed up in "recent activity" on the DirecTV web site.

I have never had a problem getting the credit on my DirecTV account. It really translates to 1% of your purchases. In other words, to get the $50 DirecTV credit, you have to put $5,000 in purchases on the card.

Meanwhile, I recently got a CASHBUILDER VISA card from PNC Bank which pays 1.25% on ALL purchases. And like the title says, they give you CASH and the points never expire. So I went to the DirecTV web site and began having my DirecTV bill automatically billed to this new credit card.

I will probably be canceling the DirecTV Rewards VISA card soon since it no longer is the best deal.

4. bookwalk

bookwalk AllStar

May 10, 2005
    I have had a problem all of a sudden, since Aug 1, when I redeemed 5000 points for $50 credit towards programming, after almost 8 weeks, they have not credited to my DTV bill. Their terms and conditions say 4-6 weeks to redeem points.

Over the past 2 years, I have redeemed points which posted in less than 4 weeks--11 times to be exact.

Now, almost 8 weeks later, no points redeemed. I have called DTV Rewards, REdemption, Resolution, etc and they say that Barclay's is not returning their emails and seems to be "defaulting" on their Rewards Credits.

That is really scary and if it is happening to other customers, what's going on with Barclay's--defaulting?

Yes, I will go to another C Card--AAA Visa looks to have good rewards system, so will apply for that.

This is one reason I was staying with DTV, but now, may as well switch to DISH since they have 20+ more HD channels than Direct does.

DTV Rewards Visa is violating their Terms and COnditons that say 4-6 weeks for redemption.

How do we start a Class Action suit?

5. bookwalk

bookwalk AllStar

May 10, 2005
    UPDATE

I called Barclay's Direct TV Visa at 1 800 261 4569 (Have your DTV Visa card number ready, and also your DTV account number. I explained the problem and that they were violating their Terms and Conditions by not posting within 6 weeks. Make sure you ask them to create a case, have them give you their name, the case number as they promised that these points would be redeemed to my DTV account within 2-3 business days.

I will be checking with Direct TV Accounts in 3 business days to see if it really happened.

What a run-around!

After I get my points, I will go for a AAA card and hope I don't get the same runaround--they are run by Bank of America, not Barclay's.

Which BIG bank is doing the worst--so defaulting on rewards points may be a trend of the future??????????

BEWARE these credit card companies for sure!

6. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    IMHO, Bank of America = evil.

7. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    How much are you paying for these reward points by way of a yearly card fee?

8. Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused Godfather

Jun 13, 2007
    I would never get a DirecTV card for a 1% payback. If I have to settle for 1%, I use my BassPro card so I can buy more fishing stuff I will never use. :lol:

9. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Same here.

10. bookwalk

bookwalk AllStar

May 10, 2005
    No fee--refuse to pay any fees on credit cards.

11. HerntDawg

HerntDawg Legend

Oct 6, 2008
    Oregon
    Haven't had a good experience with BoA.... Good luck!

12. bookwalk

bookwalk AllStar

May 10, 2005
    UPDATE #2. After having called Barclays' (referred to me by Direct TV Rewards department) and run around, run around, run around--got a rep who took my DTV Account number and promised the redeemed points credit would be applied.

THIS DID NOT HAPPEN! BARCLAY'S IS DEFAULTING! It's been 8 weeks since the redemption and I am going to Attorney General in our State or whoever oversees credit card fraud.

I have a copy of their Terms and Conditions--they are not abiding by these and they picked the wrong Direct TV customer to default on!

IF BofA worse than this, then will drop that card also, but the name of the credit card is Direct TV Rewards Visa and it's giving DIRECT TV a bad name also, as they keep pointing the finger at DTV.

$50 may not be a lot to some people, but it is to us, at this point, being retirees, fixed income and no job prospects.

Pat