1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Dish really read these posts?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dlhuse, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlhuse

dlhuse Mentor

Apr 2, 2006
    If they do I have a question for them.....

If we have local Dish authorized installers here in the Dallas area, who guarentee next day installation, why does it take 2 weeks or more to get the HD upgrade installed?

If I didn't have the receiver sitting here on the floor, I might understand the delay, but come on. There has to be some other reason than the one that CSRs give, "That's the rule, 21 days after order is placed, regardless if you have the equipment or not."

2. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    they are busy

3. TomH

TomH Legend

Jun 11, 2005
    I seriously doubt they read this board. I would send an email directly to them if you want to provide feedback.

4. Opynion

Opynion Godfather

Mar 21, 2006
    But not to install the dish 500
    they install those immediately!
    I got it installed the same day I called the local retailer.
    If there is another reason for not installing the HD upgrades as soon as posible, if must be a mystery reason;
    I wish the new recievers had a signal finder, in case something happen outside to the dish, that way we could take a small tv out to see how the signal search is going. :)

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Dish1000's are not as easy to find as D500's, especially as nearly every D1000 install leaves a D500 available for the next "used dish" D500 install.

6. dlhuse

dlhuse Mentor

Apr 2, 2006
    Interesting idea, but if Dish is expecting to get My Dish 500 to resell, they are wrong. Considering that I actually paid for the Dish 500 and I'm not getting a rebate for my exisiting equipment, I'm keeping the dish for my own resale on E-bay or as a gift to family.

As for the Dish 1000 not being easy to find, that makes no sense at all. If the VIP622 needs the Dish 1000 to receive the HD channels, there should be a 1:1 correspondence. If they didn't plan for that necessity, somebody fell asleep at the switch.

7. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Trust me, DISH reads these forums every day! We have had many instances where DISH would ask us to place them in contact with a user on the forums regarding a specific post or problem.

It doesn't happen every day, but it happens frequently.

8. mowingnut1

mowingnut1 Cool Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Hey Dish! One more time, no OLN by playoffs, I switch to the competition! I have subscribed since '98 and have the "everything pack" plus HD. You're move.

9. lakebum431

lakebum431 Icon

Jun 30, 2005
    I can vouch for that!

10. Opynion

Opynion Godfather

Mar 21, 2006
    E-bay, that's a good idea, I thought that if I ever unsubscribe from E, I would just put the dish and the old reciever in the trash
    back in the alley, after destroying it of course.

That's right, they have to make enough 1000 to keep them handy, just like when they started selling the 500's and to not let the customers waiting 20 days or so for the installation, I might consider getting the 1000 within a few days, weeks or months. :rolleyes:

11. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I can say it happened to me years ago. I got a call from Dish (unsolicited) to discuss an issue I raised here but never contacted them directly about it.

They will not respond to every "I want [fill in the blank] or I'm leaving" post or petty complaints. But if it is something that in their estimation is important enough, they will act.

See ya
    Tony

12. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    As to Dish reading the boards. I had a very long conversation a few months back with someone within Dish about this board and to further Chris's comments,

The person I spoke to thanked the board and indicated that it was a valuable resource that his team uses to gage release impact and to quickly catch issues created by releases.

Though you won't find Dish actively replying to posts ("This is a board of users helping users"), they do lurk a lot and the I know this board is used as a valuable resource by at least one group within Dish and I am sure there are others based on what I have read.

13. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    well, good luck at wherever you choose to end up, I guess it won't be at Dish!

14. the_bear

the_bear Godfather

Oct 18, 2004
    I can’t speak for Dish, but I was once in a meeting where the CEO specifically addressed a message board post the criticized him. The conversation started with, “According to rat_boy, my problem is …” There was a huge roar of laughter because everyone in the room knew which post he was referring to.

15. colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia Godfather

Jan 25, 2006

Dish, give me OLN!!!

16. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    um yeah, don't see that happening anytime soon!

17. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Like I said, they will not respond to every "I want [fill in the blank] or I'm leaving" post or petty complaints.

Why not? Because you can't make all of the people happy all of the time. One of the best lines I've heard recently about this was in the new "Ten Commandments" mini-series. Right after the Hebrews discover Mana from heaven has been deposited and Moses tells tem to take what they need, God will provide what they need every day one of Aaron tells Moses that this should stop their constant bickering. Moses responds, "No. Soon enough they will be complaining that they have to bend over to pick it up!"

This is the best explanation of human nature anyone can come up with.

See ya
    Tony

18. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    There is clearly not a 1:1 correspondence. Many installs cannot use a Dish1000 and the Dish1000 is also useful with all of the other HD receivers (6000?, 921, 942, 411, ViP211).

Is your crystal ball good enough to tell me if/when I'm going to get a ViP622? Does it know that I already purchased and installed a Dish1000 back in November?

19. dlhuse

dlhuse Mentor

Apr 2, 2006
    If you look I prefaces the comment with an "If". It was not a statement, it was a supposition/question.:lol:

Many?!? Really?? Would you care to elaborate? 3 out of 5? 7 out of 10? :confused: Where are you getting your figures?

Just what kind of figure constitutes "Many"? I would agree that some, several, but not many.

20. bear paws

bear paws Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    NE Ct.
    He certainly understood the welfare system. We even have to pay for postage now because the office is a block away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.