Does DTV Still Do Free 4k Equipment Upgrades?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by CraigerM, May 4, 2020.

1. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    Had a great DTV experience last week. Got another 771 error message again. HD channels were out for 24 hours. Called and the tech came out the same day. He replaced the SWM 16 with the 4K LNB and even replaced the cabling that he said was chewed up by squirrels. HD PQ even looks better. I asked if he had the 4K equipment on the truck but said to call DTV about that. If they don’t give free upgrades, is it good to get the from Amazon they had some good pricing on them. Thanks.

2. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Depending upon your recent upgrades, payment history, stuff like that, you may be able to get a free upgrade. You might have to play csr roulette to get it.

compnurd likes this.
  3. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Either way it will start another 2 year agreement

4. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I noticed he kept two four-way splitters. Should he have just used an eight-way one? Or does it make a difference?

5. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i had 2 4 way splitters and it was a nightmare after going to a 4 way splitter i think it helped with some of the issues. then again i have a reverse band LNB wich requires a power inserter the clown never installed one. so i got to watch that awesome blue globe every night:mad:..

do you really want to start another contract for 4K??? there's only like one full time channel and PPV'S and some events.there really isn't that much out there in 4K.. and there's issues with the 4K minis. pictures breaking up freezing up!!!..
    id'e def watch the CSR'S i told them i needed my boxes swapped out. thinking the tech was gonna show with 2 replacement boxes. i'm glad i called because they had me setup for a whole in install with another 2 year!!!

Last edited: May 26, 2020