Does Hopper have profiles feature for DVR recordings

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by R00zilla, Apr 17, 2019.

1. R00zilla

R00zilla New Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Hi everyone. I'm thinking about upgrading from a vip722 to a hopper system. My question is, can you setup a profile for users, when it comes to saving programs? Currently I have two 722vip, one for me and one for my wife...makes life easier when we each have our own space. We both save alot of junk, and I'm wondering, if we go to a hopper, if we would have to hunt through a giant mass list of recordings to find our own recordings. I'm hoping we can create a profile that lists only programs, that profile recorded. One other question, which version of hopper should I get? I understand there are different models available. Thank you for your help, everyone.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    No profiles. If seeing each other's junk would be a problem perhaps upgrading to two Hoppers would be the answer.

There are four "Hopper" receivers ... the original and Hopper w/Sling have three tuners. The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners.
    The Hopper Duo is similar to a ViP 722 (two tuners - intended for one or two rooms).

3. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    You can set your recordings to record to separate folders. My wife and I do that and set "No Folder" for recordings of joint interest. We have a separate folder for movies to avoid clutter. When you select programs from the guide to record, you have a moment to hit select and edit the recording folder. One Hopper 3 is the best bet. I understand that the Joey3 is pleasantly fast for location 2.