1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does select package include regional sports channels?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bis2, Aug 25, 2010.

1. bis2

bis2 New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Apologies if this is answered somewhere already......I searched but did not find it.

I'm wondering if the Select package includes the regional sport channels (specifically NESN in New England). I was offered this package last week when I called and talked about canceling my service. At that time I was told that the sports channels were included. Today I called to finalize my switch to this package and was told that they were in fact not included.

Does anyone know the real deal?

I currently pay 57.49 for the Total Choice package but would like to switch to something cheaper (that includes the regional sports)......if select doesn't have them, does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks so much - so glad I found this forum!!

2. lmurphy

lmurphy Legend

Jul 25, 2004
    NO

3. leier911

leier911 AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    Nope, not included, that is what I am on currently. You do get ESPN, and ESPN 2 maybe, but no RSN. You have to go up a few to get that, but then you're paying more again. I was disappointed too, but thought, oh well, I can live without for a bit, and then go back to Extra or whatever later on down the road.

4. BudShark

BudShark New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Select includes ESPN and you can pay for the Sports package and get the regional + all other sports channels included. Depending on how much you watch/pricing/etc this may be a better deal for you.

Edit: Sports Pack is $12.99 a month. So Select + Sports would only be $5 less a month, but a sports heavy channel package if thats what you want.

5. bis2

bis2 New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Ok thanks - I will consider the sports pack. Are there any other packages that are cheaper than select? This is actually for my father and probably the main things he would want to watch are in the sports pack.....so I could go with less on the regular package if possible.....

6. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Select is the cheapest package that includes ESPN and ESPN2. Only Family is cheaper and doesnt include those two channels if I remember correctly.