1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this mean DLB is coming in 2008?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Mike P, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike P

Mike P Legend

Feb 10, 2007
    I saw this press release on Direct TVs website, saying that they are going to incorporate some Tivo capibilities with Direct TV hardware. I really hope they give us the download a majority of us have been waiting for...... DLB!!! :)

link:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P4330098

2. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    Sorry, dude, but I think you are misreading the press release. They will be incorporating some of the features that are in SA TiVo's into the DIRECTV integrated TiVo's, but nothing about TiVo functionality being ported into the Plus DVR series. Sorry.

As a known DLB rabble rouser, I wish it were true, but that's not how I read that press release.

3. Mike P

Mike P Legend

Feb 10, 2007
    I thought it might be too good to be true, but thanks!

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    At present, there are no plans to add dual live buffers to any DIRECTV-branded DVR. Sorry, folks.

5. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

The work around is to Record both channels.;)

6. Rocker07

Rocker07 AllStar

Jul 1, 2007
    Sorry, but there is no "real" work around.:mad:

7. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Godfather

Dec 6, 2005
    DLB was made for Sports. DTV is the sports king (no?).

So if its not in the plans it should be. If its a trademark issue then say so, otherwise bring it on. Recording two programs is not the answer when you are jumping between football games. I have found it to be extremely useful with Hotpass, National feed on one tuner, then jumping on drivers on the other tuner. Nothing like watching pitroad action on a driver channel then rewatching on national feed to get the bigger picture.

8. mnbulldog

mnbulldog Legend

Aug 25, 2006
    :mad:
    +1

That is not a work-around - it is a joke.

9. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006
    The question I have is where did DirecTV say they were going to give us DLB? I am not saying that it would not be a good feature to have, but they never promised it.

10. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    DIRECTV has never promised Dual Live Buffers and to this point, there are no plans to offer that feature.

11. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006

My point exactly.

12. Rocker07

Rocker07 AllStar

Jul 1, 2007
    I think the question should be why did they take them away from us?

13. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    Because they felt like it.

14. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    More importantly, The HR20 is a year old, and this feature is still being whined about when it accomplishes absolutely nothing but message board strife...

15. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    they NEED to add DLB and WISHLIST!!!!!

16. lpctv

lpctv Legend

Aug 26, 2006
    :thats:
    Might be a good time to dust off that other avatar, Jeremy :dance:

17. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    If the current flow of DLB huggers keeps up, I might have to resort to my old tactics.

18. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Godfather

Dec 6, 2005
    I'm all for people asking about DLB. Keep the discussion going for as long as needed to get DLB in the HR20. It's not that they ever promised (I don't get that from any post that it was a promised thing) but it is important for their customers to voice their opinions. You don't have to agree, but posting in hear about how its beating a dead horse, etc, does nothing other than show your intolerance of other folks and their opinions of what is important to them. If you want DLB post it, if you don't then post that you don't, thats a bit more constructive than collectively trashing DLB posters. Just MHO.

19. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    I trash DLB posters (in general, not personal attacks) because of the sheer futility of what they're doing. A lot of them seem to believe that if they make enough noise, DLB is going to magically appear. DirecTV is well aware of the demand for DLB, and they have chosen to put it aside for right now. That's it. No amount of screaming about how important DLB is is going to change that, because the same crap has been going on for over a year now. It's old, it's tired, and I'm sick of hearing about it.

20. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    Yet, you are reading and posting in this thread....;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.