Does Your Router Report Stats?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Coax Networking (private)' started by Spanky_Partain, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Is anyone running dd-wrt or have a router that reports errors? Mine does not. However, I am considering putting dd-wrt on this weekend so I can get some stats reported. This is one very big disappointment in the Linksys product in most cases. The firmware statistical reporting section is terrible.

If your router gives statistics, please post a screen shot of your router with data that the DECA cloud would be included, especially when doing a VOD to a unit.

EDIT
    I am really looking for reported errors more than anything else!

2. Spanky_Partain

Dec 7, 2006
    On second thought, I am going to put my managed switch on the uplink from the cloud to the home network. That will get the stats/errors that I am looking for.

3. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Likely an easier approach...

My DIR-655 "N" router does keep a couple different activity logs....so I went "in" to take a look.

After scrolling through countless lines (which included the OP entries for all of my DECA-connected devices), I saw lots of IP-based data. That included when I played with TVApps and VOD a bit on 2 units...its all recorded, but no errors seen.

4. Spanky_Partain

Dec 7, 2006
    Ok, I have my switch in place now. I will let it set over the weekend and check out the stats on the uplink port from the DECA cloud. This will be very good to see.

5. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    ...not to mention interesting....

This technology in and of itself, is really facinating. What is equally "neat" is that it is pretty stable, even for a beta hardware configuration.

I'm guessing that based on successful lab and field tests, they may merge in the SWM filter into a next generation SWM, and perhaps downsize the DECA adapters themselves a bit. But that's just speculation, nothing more.

6. Spanky_Partain

Dec 7, 2006
    Ok, its a pdf.

Port 4 is the uplink to the home network.
    Port 5 is the DECA cloud link. This includes traffic to/from H21-200, HR21-200, HR20-700, and R22-200.

This has been in the loop for about 4.5 hours.

Glad to see no errors are happening. I did do a VOD download to create some traffic.

7. Spanky_Partain

Dec 7, 2006
    I will be doing some capture(s) on the network this weekend just to see what is going on with the traffic this weekend. I will be looking for traffic that pertains to DECA, especially during reboot(s) of the connected equipment in the cloud.

8. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    So far....things look clean as a whistle...:D