Dog Days Of Summer II: Cat's Revenge!

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Holtz, May 27, 2005.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    The dog days of summer are almost here. Summer reruns, baseball, vacation, doing things in the back yard. But, not if the cats can help it. They're mad because we ran a [thread=30896]dogs-only contest[/thread] last year, and they want their turn in the sun.

[​IMG] and [​IMG] present:

[size=+4]Dog Days Of Summer II:[/size]
    [size=+5]Cat’s Revenge![/size]

[​IMG][​IMG]

The grand prize, courtesy of Dish Depot is either a:
    • Dish Network 625 DVR Recorder
    • DirecTV R-10 DVR Recorder
    Other prizes:
    Second Place Prize: Choice of $25 certificate from Deep Discount DVD or Amazon.com
    Third Place Prize: Choice of Galaxy Quest, Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence, Millennium Actress, October Sky, Miyazaki's Spirited Away, or Witch Hunter Robin #2: Innocence DVDs

Our contest is easy to enter. All you need to do is know you cat trivia and fill out a quiz. Each correct answer constitutes a entry into the contest, so six correct answers constitutes six entries for the drawing. For the grand prize, at least five correct entries are needed to win. For the second and third place prize, at least one correct entry is needed. The deadline is Tuesday, June 21st at noon PT, with the announcement on DBSTalk's 4th anniversary on June 22nd.

The rules:
    1. The prizes
      • Grand Prize: choice of either Dish Network 625 DVR Recorder or DirecTV R10 DVR Recorder provided by Dish Depot.
      • Second Prize: Choice of $25 certificate from Deep Discount DVD or Amazon.com
      • Third Prize: Choice of Galaxy Quest, Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence, Millennium Actress, October Sky, Miyazaki's Spirited Away, or Witch Hunter Robin #2: Innocence DVDs
    2. Entries will be made on a on-line form at the Deep Space Franchise website which is run by DBSTalk moderator Mark Holtz. At time of entry, you will be asked for your DBSTalk name, answers, choice of prizes, and shipping address. All information is kept strictly confidential in order to ensure the timely delivery of the prizes, and will be discarded once contest is concluded.
    3. Incorrect answers may be released at the conclusion of the contest for entertainment purposes.
    4. Limit of one set of submissions per person. In the event of duplicate submission, the form submitted earlier will be used. Intentional “stuffing”, as determined by the contest coordinator, will be considered grounds for disqualification from the contest.
    5. All decisions of the contest coordinator are final. The contest coordinator is the sole judge of the correctness of the answer. Should any modification to the rules of the contest be made, they will be posted in this thread.
    6. Each correct answer constitutes a entry in the contest. (i.e. 1 correct answer=1 entry, 5 correct answers=5 entries). A minimum of five correct answers is required to win the grand prize. All other prizes require a minimum of one correct answer. Prizes will be awarded on a random drawing, and will be sufficiently randomized enough to minimize the effect of early or late entry. Limit of one prize per person.
    7. The odds of winning the contest is dependent on the number of entries and the number of correct answers submitted.
    8. All DBSTalk.com contest participants are required to be registered members of DBSTalk.com in good standing to enter the contest. DBSTalk.Com staff members (administrators and moderators, including previous staff members), Dish Depot employees, their families and immediate household members may not participate. While participants outside the United States are welcome to play, prizes will be only awarded to legal residents of the United States of America (USA).
    9. The Dog Days of Summer II: Cat’s Revenge contest is run by DBSTalk.com, and is not affiliated with Dish Network, DirecTV, Sky Angel, it’s dealers or affiliates, any studio or DVD distributor, or any other web site. The grand prize is donated by Dish Depot, however, in the event of unavailability of a designated prize, substitution of an equal or greater prize will be offered to the winner, at the sole discretion of Dish Depot.
    10. The winner of the grand prize is solely responsible for activation of the receiver within the required time period and for any DVR fees and/or additional receiver fees.
    11. The deadline for this contest is June 21st at noon PT, with the winners announced on June 22nd. Neither DBSTalk nor Deep Space Franchise is responsible for weather incidents (such as tornados) or acts of God, cats, or dogs that may prevent participants from entering. DBSTalk.com is not responsible for weather incidents (such as ice storms) or any other acts of God that may prevent the participants from entering. DBSTalk.com and the DBSTalk.com contest coordinator are not responsible for entry errors or for transmission errors. DBSTalk.com is in no way responsible for any problems, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet or on the DBSTalk.com or Deep Space Franchise web site that may limit entries in this contest.
    12. By entering the contest, participants release DBSTalk.com and Dish Depot from liability for any technical malfunction of prizes awarded, and for any damage and/or injury incurred from prizes. Prize winners agree to allow DBSTalk.com to use their name and or likeness on DBSTalk.com and/or in advertisements.
    13. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage the web sites of DBSTalk.com, Dish Depot, or Deep Space Franchise and/or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, DBSTalk.com, Dish Depot, and/or Mark Holtz (operator of Deep Space Franchise) reserve the right to seek damages from the offending participant to the fullest extent of the law.
    14. The receiver will be shipped via a carrier and a tracking number provided. All other prizes will be shipped via USPS priority mail with a shipping number. Neither DBSTalk nor DishDepot is responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
    15. Contest void where prohibited by law.
    16. Cats rule!
    [size=+2]The contest is over![/size]​

2. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    Purrrrr!! That was fun, Mark! Thanks!!

3. KingLoop

KingLoop Custom User Title DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 3, 2005
    I'm not catty enough to play... :(

4. cclement

cclement Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Same here, I kept reading and saying to myself..."I don't know any of these!" But thanks for the opportunity! :)

5. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Almost as much fun as Michelle Pfeiffer with a whip........

THWACK!

6. RJS1111111

RJS1111111 Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    The official rules make no mention of whether using a search engine is allowed, so it must be okay, right? :grin:

7. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    You don't even know the answer to question #1?!?!?!?

8. RJS1111111

Mar 23, 2002
    Hey, I knew the first two, right off! 'Course, I checked #2, to make sure it was right! :hurah:

9. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Likewise, although I think I still may have missed #1.

10. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Yes, it's OK. There is nothing in the rules about not being able to use a search engine. That should make it very easy. :)

11. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Please tell me how you can prove that you didn't use a search engine when submitting the answers. ;) For some of the questions, I did use a search engine.

12. Jim Parker

Jim Parker Icon

Aug 12, 2003
    My favorite Broadway show "Cats" is coming back to town next year. :hurah: I don't play favorites with cat vs dog issue: we went to see Old Blind Dogs (a Scottish band) the day before yesterday. :lol:

We just renewed our season tickets for the season. We picked up 11 extra Cats tickets for Christmas presents. Not cheap, but an easy way to do the shopping. :)

13. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Consider it an open book test. :D

14. Beardedbosn

Beardedbosn Mentor

Dec 9, 2002
    I have always loved open book tests!!! I think I do!! I think I did! Getting too old to remember.........what was the subject of this contest???

15. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Hey, that was fun!! I must admit I cheated. Gus gave me a hand with question 1.

16. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Hey, Baron Humbert... I mean Mark, Rule #14, you might want to check your grammar there...

This is a double negative. The not cancels out the neither and the nor, making this part mean "Either DBSTalk or DishDepot is responsible..." You should remove the word "NOT". :)

Just trying to be helpful. :shrug: ;)

Otherwise... Gee, that was fun! :grin: (Gave me something to do after the company left. :) )

(Sure am glad I thought about Question #1 again. I almost put "Chris Blount", and BOY would that have been wrong! :sure: :lol: )

17. rabiddbstalk

rabiddbstalk Cool Member/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 10, 2005
    How is number 1 judged? I'd say any answer should be correct. What? You don't think Echostar 7 is a good name for cat?

18. RJS1111111

Mar 23, 2002
    RJS think E7 great name for cat. Beam powerful microwaves at cat. Listen for low-power transponder return ("yowl!"). It seem like great fun.

19. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    It's a better name that 921.

20. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Some good news and some bad news in regards to the contest...

The good news: Most of you have enough right answers to qualify for the grand prize drawing.

The bad news: Don't come meowing at me if you fail to enter before the contest closes next Tuesday.