1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dollhouse will be renewed!

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Tom Robertson, May 16, 2009.

1. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
  2. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    :dance:

3. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    They renew this and Sarah is on the bubble? I dont want to be all WTF but WTF??

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It was picked up with a "cut the budget" order. It already suffered from production value problems. What's Joss Whedon going to do? Other than Eliza Dushku and Harry Lennix who themselves can't be getting A-List pay, the remaining cast members are foreign or "who?" actors. The primary writers are Joss and his half-brother Jed and Jed's significant other Maurissa Tancharoen. I guess the family can take a cut in pay.

I get the feeling this show is going to become the-show-that-would-be-on-The-CW-some-other-day-of-the-week-but-its-on Friday-as-filler-on-Fox.

And if they have to cut the budget on "Dollhouse" there was no chance for "Terminator."

5. bicker1

bicker1 Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2007
    I found Dollhouse more interesting than Terminator, but surely the cost for Terminator must have been outrageous, so the lack of renewal there, given how few people were watching it, was a foregone conclusion. Remember, Dollhouse was getting better ratings that Terminator. More people enjoyed Dollhouse.

Note that the second season of Dollhouse (and Fringe, for that matter) will not include the fewer, shorter, defined commercial breaks. That experiment was a big failure: Folks evidently just skipped those breaks more easily than the regular commercial breaks, and Fox received practically no additional revenue. Whoever had that idea probably will get fired, given how much money Fox lost this past year.

6. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Great news for the Dolls!!!!

I really enjoyed the first season, which is remarkable because when I first heard the premise I thought there was no way it could be presented as plausible, yet the storytelling made up for that very quickly. Unfortunately, that's the real problem: I've tried to get friends and family to watch the show and they think the premise is absolutely ridiculous and won't even give it a shot, no matter how much I try to convince them it's worthwhile... :(

7. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    They renewed this? Really? Adding another season of Terminator would have meant more DVD revenues. Sorry, Dollhouse fans, but this show is going nowhere.

8. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Going nowhere (as in "returning to Fox, not being canceled") is a good thing, so thanks for the vote of confidence in it's return! :up:

9. MrDad0330

MrDad0330 Godfather

Jun 16, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    Any return of Eliza Dushku is welcome news. To me, she is stunning. I am surprised she hasnt done better than she has.

10. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    I love the show, but Eliza just ... man, she shanks it every time she tries to ACT. If she'd just be herself with different attitudes, great, but phew. She's awful.

Nice to look at though :)

11. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Awesome news!

12. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Sarah isn't on the bubble, it was canceled per articles I've read.

13. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

It was on the bubble when I made the post. I did a search and can only find 2 articles about Sarah I started a thread about it here.

14. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    Just shows how bad network TV is. Dollhouse better than Terminator please.

15. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Sorry to burst your bubble but it wasn't... Here's an article from mid April already saying it was canceled, and there is another thread here from around that time saying the same thing.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/scoop-fox-set-t.html

16. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

Uh no it wasnt. There was talk but at that time it was not official. Even the artical you posted said so.

"The one bright spot? Despite horrific ratings, Fox isn't ready to declare SCC dead and buried -- at least not officially. "No decision has been made yet," insists a network rep. "We will be announcing our fall schedule on May 18.""

Here was an artical from april 25.

The latest contest of fanboy backlash seems to be centered around the series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." It's no surprise that with the low ratings it has received on its Friday night lineup (the night many shows go to die) that news outlets around the web continue to report the series is a rotting corpse and we just haven't been notified of the funeral arrangements.

Those cancellation reports have been coming for this particular series for sometime, with EW's Michael Ausiello adding weight to them, when he reported that the show was leaving the airwaves because the sets were destroyed. At the time, this seemed to be a cause of alarm for fans that yet another one of their genre series was fading into TV oblivion. But if you caught the season 2 finale, you would have seen the real reason the sets were destroyed. Obviously the writers and producers couldn't respond to rumors before the finale or they would have ruined the surprise.

At this point it really does not matter. You can belive what you want.

Bottom line is there is still no official word from FOX untill May 18th. That is when they do the offical 2009 fall schedule announcement.

17. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, because if there's one thing Hollywood has a shortage of, it's hot chicks.

PS. Haven't watched any of these yet, so I guess I won't delete them and will watch them over the summer.

18. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I will rerun the post here as well;

"If there was never a clear cut demonstration of the mentality of network tv than the termination of Sarah and the re-animation of Dollhouse, I have not seen it."

19. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

Ain't that the truth!

20. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    As I posted over there also my guess is that there simply was no way to make Sarah "affordable" without essentially making it a caricature of itself.

While we watched Dollhouse, it already is a caricature of something. Trimming half it's budget probably wouldn't harm it much.:rolleyes: