1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins/Ravens game audio - Tin Can Affect

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by n3ntj, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I was switching forth b/w several football games b/w D*'s MPEG-4 local channels and what I could pickup OTA from other cities, and noticed that the audio for most of the Dolphins/Ravens game sounded like the announcers were in a tin can. The audio for the other games I was watching (Eagles/Cowboys and Steelers/Jags) was perfectly fine. The tin can affect (as I call it) seemed to come and go, but where there most of the time.

I do not have a surround system, but solely use the TV's speakers. I have the SoundSound option turned off in my HR20's setup.

Any idea why the tin can audio? I have also experienced this phenomenon on certain commercials, too.

2. BarryManilow

BarryManilow Cool Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Dolphins/Ravens audio worked fine for me on ST.

3. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Dolphins game audio went from good to bad several times during the game, even OTA.

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    I didn't have a problem with the audio of this game, but I wasn't watching the whole thing, just here and there and most of the overtime.

5. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    By "bad" do you mean that tin can affect I described?

6. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    We have a new one. TCE.

7. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Yes, strange effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.