Dolphins vs Texans not in HD now???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by hammond22, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 6, 2007 #1 of 27
    hammond22

hammond22 Cool Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Although the Dolphis vs Texans game is shown on the CBS Sports site as being in HD for Sunday, it is not showing up in my guide as an HD game and also is shown as SD only on the DirecTV schedule. What gives? Although they certainly do suck, I'd like to see the fins in HD and if CBS is doing the game in HD, why isn't D* carrying it?

2. Oct 6, 2007 #2 of 27
    Bowtaz3

Bowtaz3 Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    I checked my guide and it shows it being in HD

3. Oct 6, 2007 #3 of 27
    hammond22

hammond22 Cool Member

Aug 3, 2007
    What Channel?

4. Oct 6, 2007 #4 of 27
    jhillestad

jhillestad Godfather

Jan 13, 2007
    Still shows it as HD from CBS on the sat list :

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

But who knows they might have moved their equipment for a better matchup because of their dismal season as well as Texans.....

Until every game is in HD this will happen which is why the dtv hd list gets changed or not posted until Thursday....

Dolphins break my heart every year....

5. Oct 6, 2007 #5 of 27
    Bowtaz3

Bowtaz3 Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    My local CBS 42 out of Birmingham

6. Oct 6, 2007 #6 of 27
    jhillestad

jhillestad Godfather

Jan 13, 2007
    Interestingly the Chiefs game is also listed as HD on a different list....

Maybe DTV knows something because it looked like 13 games were listed in HD and 13 games are list on the Sunday ticket with 2 games not having HD on the DTV list....

I would assume with the bye's this week there is enough equipment but maybe cbs is loaning hd gear for the baseball playoffs ??? Very weird .....

7. Oct 7, 2007 #7 of 27
    Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
  8. Oct 7, 2007 #8 of 27
    DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    It must have been a late change by CBS. Because now it's Jacksonville At Kansas City as the SD game tomorrow.

9. Oct 7, 2007 #9 of 27
    Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    Well the even CBS doesn't show the change.....

12-1 p.m. (CBS HD), The NFL Today presented by Southwest Airlines
    1 p.m., Miami @ Houston (CBS HD)
    1 p.m., Jacksonville @ Kansas City
    1 p.m., N.Y. Jets @ Giants (CBS HD)
    1 p.m., Cleveland @ N.E. (CBS HD)
    4:15 p.m., S.D. @ Denver (CBS HD)
    4:15 p.m., Baltimore @ S.F. (CBS HD)

http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports

10. johnck78

johnck78 Godfather

Feb 18, 2007
    Just got off the phone with CSR. Total BS. She told me that the league decides what games are in HD. I told her that CBS is reporting that the game is in HD so it should be broadcast on Sunday Ticket. Then I hear a guy in the background tell her that it is on my local, so she tells me it's on my local. I told her that I am in RI and the Pats are on my local. The "little voice" tells her that is the only way I'll get the game in HD. She repeats. I asked to talk to the guy telling her what to say, she told me no. I told her that if the game is available in HD locally then it should be available in HD. She told me the league decides what games are broadcast in HD. So I said but if it's in HD locally the league must be allowing it to be broadcast in HD since it's available locally in HD, therefore it should be on ST. She told me that the league - bla bla bla. I told her to stop since we are just going around in circles.

Obviously D* doesn't care about their customers, at all. Their customer services has gotten so poor it isn't even funny. It just pi**** me off.

If I treaded my customers like this I would be out of a job!!

WTF!!!!!!!

11. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    Yea you know what. In the past I would also have called and gotten all PO'd but I learned one thing over the years with D*. Calling about stuff like this hardly ever results in any favorable outcome for me so I stopped wasting my time with it.

12. kirthew

kirthew Mentor

Sep 21, 2006
    Alright... I am pretty pissed off now...

They are broadcasting the game in HD... I just saw the logos pop up on the screen... CBS HD Brought to you by Sony.... what gives D*... this is why I pay you over 300 a year for this package... and you drop the ball... come on... you have the space now on your new sat....

Just angry...

13. chrisfowler99

chrisfowler99 Legend

Aug 23, 2006
    It's on in HD locally here...

but not on Sunday Ticket.

14. caimakale

caimakale Legend

Oct 30, 2006
    Earlier in the week, D* showed that it was going to be in HD on the NFLST page. It's ridiculous that they advertise it as HD then pull the plug.

15. chrisfowler99

chrisfowler99 Legend

Aug 23, 2006
    My guess it's that it's a CBS distribution thing.

Though it seems like they could pick up one of the local stations that they broadcast that's showing it in HD and use that...

16. kirthew

kirthew Mentor

Sep 21, 2006
    Nope... CBS is broadcasting it in HD.....

I just got more pissed off... I turned to the red zone channel in HD... and they had the split screen showing the HD feed of the Dolphins/Texans game...

- Ron Dayne's touchdown just shown in HD on the red zone channel...

17. kikkenit2

kikkenit2 Icon

Oct 25, 2006
    The problem is D* can only show 7 games at once in HD and there is 8 games this morning. They originally listed a game on ch. 726. For some reason they can't use 726 and cancelled the HD display of the Miami-Houston game. Next week is the last of 3 straight for CBS showing 2 local games. That should help. They also show 6 games in HD next week. In the meantime D* should find a way to do Mpeg4 on ch 726, and better yet give the HD feeds overlap priority instead of the SD games. Week 11 will be the worst with 12 games on in the morning.

18. jhillestad

jhillestad Godfather

Jan 13, 2007
    The Dolphin game is totally in HD on my ota antenna here but its not on the SuperFan package !

WTF is this ? They charge $99 for SuperFan and then do not show all the games available in HD !!!!???!!!!

I have friends in Atlanta that follow the Dolphins and pay for the SuperFan and cannot see the game in HD --- what a rip.

Who decided at DTV what game to pull ? I guess he decides for the rest of us what will be pulled..... so if he happens to hate your team to bad.....

This is totally unacceptable .... Who will get the axe next week ?

Remember we PAID for HD access DTV ! Not to have your football censors decide for me who I will not see in HD.

19. Benny Blades

Benny Blades Mentor

Jan 5, 2007
    In addition to Dolphins game....Jags @ Chiefs is not showing up in HD on Ticket.....

20. johnck78

johnck78 Godfather

Feb 18, 2007
    Jags @ Chiefs was not an HD game from CBS but the Dolphin game was!!

Watching RZC lowlights of the Miami game and it's HD!!! Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.