1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Shoot the Messenger

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Nick, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I don't pay much attention to the 'support' forums, but just a quick look around there and I am appalled and disgusted with some of you bitchers and moaners. The amount of abuse that some of you are heaping on Mark, Allen and Ron (the messengers) is awful. Reporting of bugs is one thing, but complaining and personally attacking DBSTalk staff members because your DishNetwork gear doesn't work properly is unacceptable and will no longer be tolerated.

If you just want to bitch at someone, go to the horse's mouth and leave our hard-working volunteer staff alone.

ceo@dishnetwork.com
    www.dishetwork.com
    1-800-333-DISH

Footnote to DBSTalk.com product support staff: You do not have to defend or try to justify these defective products or DishNetwork itself. That is not your job. If it's a POS, feel free to say "It's a POS!"

DishnetSuperfan likes this.
  2. SAEMike

SAEMike Banned User

May 29, 2004
    Well said Nick! Hear Hear!

3. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Could not agree more with you, Nick. Must be a full moon or a bunch of guys got cases of male PMS. A few weeks back, some dork with a half dozen or so posts is pissin' and moanin' about the 921 he recently bought. Wanted Allen to carry his water to Charlie :lol:

What a joke.

4. kzosat

kzosat Legend

Aug 22, 2004
    yes, there certainly does seem to be alot of belly aching lately.

5. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    I agree. It's all provided as a courtesy but that fact escapes some.

6. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    hey i agrree with nick second or third time ever

7. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    I rarely visit those forums. But its important to note OTHERS have issues with E DVR boxes.

If you believed Bill R you would suspect I am the ONLY ONE with serious troubles..

They shouldnt attack the staff, thats bad form.

8. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    Haller,

Why do you keep saying that? I never once said that you are the only one having serious troubles (read the forums!).

You, on the other hand, do a LOT of unjustified DISH bashing and are responable for a lot of misinformation (and some outright lies) posted on this board. You are one of the biggest bitchers and moaners on DBSTalk.

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    So just attack the company they have chosen to work for and make them feel stupid for making that choice?

How about NOT attacking people or the companies they work for? How about stating the problems that may exist with the receivers without putting down the designers who are the only reason you have a product to complain about or the techs who are trying to HELP YOU OUT by fixing the problems you note?

Try to treat them in a way that they WANT to help you out -

JL

10. JerryLA

JerryLA Legend

Dec 29, 2003
    Well said. Treat them like you would want to be treated.

11. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    You know. If I made repeated mistakes, I would expect to be called out for it. The Dish execs, engineers, and CSR's are adults. If they don't want to hear all the complaints, they should stop forking up all the time. Problem solved.

12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Fine. Instead of developing the next line of MPEG4 receivers and DVR receivers they should give up. They should also give up on fixing the receivers that are already on the market and have problems. After all, your life would be easier without techs working on receiver design.

Perhaps you would like to join the team and become another forking engineer? Or would you rather keep a job with less public scrutany?

JL

13. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    or they could do real betta testing on units before releasing them then they would find out that like the 522 the hardware is under powered and can not handle the load no matter what sw is there :grin:

14. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    Complaints are one thing but the increasing amount of unjustified attacks on DISH employees and, as Nick said, the amount of abuse that some of you are heaping on Mark, Allen and Ron is totally uncalled for.

You people that aren't happy with your DISH service need to be complaining to the RIGHT people (ceo@dishnetwork.com is a good place to start), or, if you are THAT unhappy, vote with your pocketbook and get rid of DISH service. It is just that simple.

The hardest thing for me to understand in all these discussions is why people keep doing business with a company they are so unhappy with? To me, it doesn't make any sense to keep doing that (and some of you have been complaining for years).

15. garypen

Feb 1, 2004
    That's not what I said, meant, or implied. But, here's a kooky idea, they can start releasing stuff that works, and fix the crap that's out there already. If they are unable to do it, than management can consider re-staffing with those who can. It's so crazy it just might work!

Me? I'd make their current engineers look like nobel prize winners. Of course, that doesn't excuse their current level of ineptitude. Plus, I've already had plenty of public scrutiny. As a concert soundman for 20 years. I had 20K people per night scrutinizing my ability. Currently, in addition to my corporate day job, I perform standup comedy. In both cases, I am subject to scrutiny concerning my abilities, and the quality of my performance.

If I fugg up, I own up to it, and accept the criticism. Additionally, I am my own harshest critic. Perhaps Dish needs a few engineers and directors who are also harsh self-critics. There is obviously a serious shortage of them today.

16. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    I've had a 522 for a year and half now, never a single problem. For that matter I work for a company that installs Dish, not too many complaints about 522's, in fact they're considered as very reliable among our installers.

17. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    The same mentality applies for pro-unions (and there are a lot of them out there like they are here on these boards). Why stay with a company that treats you badly? Would you stay with your doctor if he treats you badly? Get another content provider, job or doctor. Stand up and take some initiative.

I just want to say thanks to those who maintain this board. Not just the mods, but those members who contribute in a constructive way as well.

18. EvanS

EvanS Legend/Supporter

Mar 27, 2002
    uhhh, way to go Nick. :nono:

Another well-intended post turning sour..... :grin:

19. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    thats because they don't cease to work they do work just not that well i mean they have gotten better but the audio drop outs should be fixed by now and most people never say anything because they are to stupid to know what is wrong most think its the TV or the show not the box. at least they seem to have fixed the sync issue and the random reboots

20. garypen

Feb 1, 2004
    The reason labor unions were created is that ALL employers treated ALL employees like crap. They had no other employers to turn to. The gov't wasn't doing anything to protect them. So, they took matters into their own hands. Unfortunately, they needed to bring in mob muscle to counter the employers' goon squads and paid off police dpts. But, that's not germaine to this thread. (I don't even speak germaine.)

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.