Downgrading programming package after ST promo

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Trendy2, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trendy2

Trendy2 Mentor

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm curious, I signed up for D* on Saturday and chose the Premier package promotion with NFL Sunday ticket for $69.99/mo. I have no interest in the NFL whatsoever but having all of the premium movie channels will be nice. I was told by at least 3 CSR's (one of whom sounded exactly like Peyton Manning, but that's irrelevant) that once this 4 month promotion price ended and I wanted to downgrade to the PLUS HD-DVR plan that there would be no penalty or extra charge to do so. After reading this forum a lot the past couple of weeks I am seeing that there is, indeed, a fee to downgrade packages, specifically getting rid of premium movie channels. Was I lied to just so I would sign up or no?

2. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    Thats only if you cancel like 10 days after you pick the channel up. As long as you have them for longer then a month i believe you are o. Someone will confirm im sure,

3. mexican-bum

mexican-bum "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of Some"

Feb 25, 2006
    must have premium for at least 30 days or $10 penalty, you will be fine:yesman:

4. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    You have 30 days before you can downgrade without a fee. With your promotion you may have to keep the package for the 4 month period before you can downgrade. Only way to tell is to call them up and ask, and make sure you check your bill afterwards.

5. TriggerDeems

TriggerDeems Godfather

Mar 1, 2007
    And make sure you cancel NFL ST before next year, it WILL automatically renew.

6. topcats69

topcats69 AllStar

Oct 4, 2004
    when did this fee start I never have seen anything or gotten charged it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.