1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded movie didn't download??

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by olds403, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Oct 5, 2011 #1 of 23
    olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    So I downloaded a movie to my 722. It was a free HD movie. Said it would finish downloading in about 3 hours. It also stated that it would be available for viewing for 12 days on my DVR under Dish Cinema. Go to watch it and it isn't there. I've done this twice now and I still haven't seen the movie yet. This is getting a little annoying. Is there a trick to actually having the movie show up?

2. Oct 5, 2011 #2 of 23
    mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I had the same issue on another movie. There is no trick. It has to be fixed from Dish's end. I reported mine to Dish, and a few days later it worked. But reporting it to Dish was very difficult. After a long online chat and rebooting my DVR and router, they offered me a PPV coupon. I said that was great, but how would that help me download the free movie I was trying to watch. After a long silence, my chat session was transferred to someone else who apologized and said it was a problem with that title which he would report and that it would be fixed in a few days.

If anyone (DIRT?) knows of an easier way to report problems with specific titles, please tell us.

3. Oct 5, 2011 #3 of 23
    Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    If you would provide your receiver number, the movie you downloaded, and the time when it was downloaded I will submit a trouble report so we can look into why this is occurring. I had someone else state the same problem. Please let me know. Thanks.

4. Oct 5, 2011 #4 of 23
    CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I've had it happen twice...says it's there but it's not (I've had lots of successful downloads BTW)

ALSO-watch movies the same day you download them (at least I have to with my 722k). For some reason when my receiver does it's nightly update the downloads are erased. This is a known problem and they're working on a fix

5. Oct 5, 2011 #5 of 23
    sliderbob

sliderbob Legend

Aug 9, 2007
    Had it happen to me many of times. What makes me mad though is that whatever has been downloaded will stay on your hard drive until it is erased. Notice that when there are NO shows on your drive, it should read "349h 59m"...if there are incomplete downloaded shows, it will eat up that space. I've actually cleared out all of my recorded shows before, leaving nothing but ONLY 290 hrs were showing...a 60 hr decrease-basically from shows that I downloaded and were no longer viewable by the next days...I had quite a few of them.

6. Oct 5, 2011 #6 of 23
    olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    Ray, I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. I have the information you need though.

7. Oct 8, 2011 #7 of 23
    Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    There is a known issue of VOD events downloaded to the 722/722k receivers disappearing after a nightly update or if a front panel reset was performed. We will release a software update to correct this problem - no information as to when it will be released. Thanks.

8. Oct 8, 2011 #8 of 23
    dlt

dlt Legend

Feb 21, 2007
    Ray, I tried to download A Nightmare On Elm Street, it will not let me download it, it will instead ask me if I want to subscribe to some channel, but will not say which one, and never offer the movie. FYI. Thanks

9. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    It's not just the 722 having this problem. It happens on my 622 as well.

10. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    I have yet to download a movie and watch it. Have been conversing with RayC but still have not been able to download a movie. Tried to download one this morning after the morning reboot to avoid that issue, it was in the "my rentals" queue this morning and showed that it was downloading. Got home from work, checked the queue, not a sign of it anywhere, like it never happened. This was AFTER the nightly reboot so that should not have been an issue. This is really annoying me. I do like the 1 disc plan and that has been great, but there are a few free HD ones that I would like to download if it ever works.

11. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    I am starting to think there is something wrong with my receiver. I check the broadband connection and it says connected and online. 2 hours ago I started a download, it said it would be ready to view in about 1 hour 40 minutes. It is hanging at about 1 hour 15 minutes and isn't moving. My internet connection is 2mb DSL and I have not had any issues with outages, my internet works fine on 2 computers. The receiver is hardwired to the router. Anybody else have any ideas? I have not gotten any suggestions from the DIRT team.

12. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    When you select movies from the Blockbuster Movie Pass or Dish platinum depending on your receiver. After it is downloaded, you need to go to "ALL Movies", "My Rentals" and the streaming movies will show there. You do not need to wait for the download to complete to start the movie. Select "Watch Now" and it should play fine. These movie that are streamed are removed nightly from the receiver. Please let me know if you are still having an issue finding your selections!

13. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    My receiver is a 722, and yes I go to ALL MOVIES, the title of the movie shows up there and it shows the time it will be available. The watch button is GREYED OUT, so no I cannot watch the movie as soon as the download starts. Like I said, the download starts then hangs like no data is moving. Unless there are some settings for that particular port that I am unaware of the internet works fine for my 2 computers. I will try it on a different port of my router to see if that may be the case.

14. MaryB@DishNetwork

Jan 18, 2011
    One last question, when the movie is downloading do you have the watch button available at that time and what happens when you select it? Please let me know and we will get this working for you!

15. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Just call or chat in and get the Receiver replaced.
    Sincerely, a dish csr.

16. MaryB@DishNetwork

Jan 18, 2011
    I always recommend that we be sure that switching out the receiver will resolve the problem before I recommend that option. Replacing the receiver and leaving the OP with the same issue is not a good result for the customer or the company.

17. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011

18. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    Well, I got one to work so I guess it was not the receiver. I switched ports on my router/gateway and I tried a different movie. This time I got a green processing bar and the message that the movie would be available shortly. After the green bar disappeared, the watch now button was Live. I don't know if it was the port on the router(doubtful), or maybe the movies I was choosing just didn't work(burn, witch, burn - HD, and Deranged - HD) but thanks for trying to help figure it out. I got "From Beyond" to work for me.

19. MaryB@DishNetwork

Jan 18, 2011
    I am really happy that you got a movie to stream, please keep me posted if you are continuing to have difficulties with certain movies and we can try ti find a common link. We will hopefully resolve that issue for you as well!

20. fpembleton

fpembleton Member

Jun 19, 2005
    When I first got the BB Pass, it seemed to work great. I was able to select the Genre and Source (Epix, Starz, etc.) and scroll through the selections choosing a title, download it with the option to Download Now or Later/ Watch Now or Later. Yesterday, I noticed that when i went to the BB Pass to attempt the aforementioned, the titles would not show any availability at all. I would turn reciever off - VIP 722 and unplug from power source then repower. Went back to the BB Pass and I could get the entire title selection to show (5000+) but could not sub select by genre or source. Also, I then began scrolling down to try to make a selection; the icon on the left column would sometimes be blanked out but the title would show in the large selection block sometimes. I proceeded to download and if I chose to Download Later or Watch Later, when I went to the All Movies, My Rentals I would get on more than one occassion, before i finally gave up the text stating " this title could not download, check your internet connection and try later." I exited out and checked the IP connection and it appeared hot. So, I went back to the find the same title and the problem recurred. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It has not been too long of a period of time, not certain without asking, that this same reciever had to be replaced. From working with computers for about 20 years, this is symtomatic of trying to download a file and there is not enough RAM to support it. Thanks for any help or suggestions. I have a tech coming here on Thursday to upgrade another one of my recievers a VIP612 to a VIP722.