1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DP Quad LNB or Legacy LNB?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by MileHi, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MileHi

MileHi Cool Member

Oct 19, 2003
    My current setup is a Dish 500 with a Quad (legacy) LNB connected to a 501, 301 and an older (legacy) JVC DSR100U. I'm getting a 721 so I can retire the DSR100U. Will the DP Quad buy me any improvements or should I just save the cash and stick with the current LNB? Eventually I'll take the plunge into HD programming, but that's not currently in the cards... There are a couple of (possibly) decent deals for the DP LNB that I'm watching on Ebay, so I'm curious and interested.

2. Tasydra

Tasydra Mentor

Dec 24, 2003

This is just my personal opinion, but the DP Quad will in most ways, be the er... way to go.

DP Quad can trunk 6 DP34's (and the up-comming DP44) for a total of 24 IRD's, or, 12 dual tunner IRD's.

Aside from that, hehe, there is really no use. Now, if you plan on having more dual tunner IRD's in the future, a DP Quad WILL save you a headache. Hope this helps.

-Tasy

3. MileHi

MileHi Cool Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Yeah, that helps a lot... So if one of the Ebay LNBs stays a sreamin' deal, I'll snag one... Otherwise I can wait.
    Thanks

4. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    Is the Dish Pro LNB better in in away.

Faster Channel changes better rain fade prevent or anything like that?

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    No Dish Pro just introduces bandstacking and more problems for old wiring. Instead of 1450 being the high frequency for the downconverted signal your cable needs to pass all the frequencies upto 2100mhz or you can lose channels.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Dishpro does seem to have a higher power output, and can be put on a longer cable run. Old wiring will introduce problems of its own, in time.

JL

7. Raymond Simonian

Raymond Simonian Legend

Nov 22, 2002
    I switched to DishPro equipment a month ago when I purchased the 811 and needed extra feeds for the 921 which I should have by Friday, Jan. 8th. I have not had any rain faid since. Prior to that it seemed every time I had an average rain fall I would lose reception with the legacy equipment. But the installers did a very bad job of hooking up the two legacy SW switches. They put them on the roof and I had to cauck them all up with silicone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.