1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mikew15

mikew15 New Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Hope someone out there can help me with a 311,it all started sunday when i got a urge to watch nascr race at pocono.I had some old dish equeipment thats been lying aroud for at least 4 years and the 311 was the only one not on the obsolete list so i decided to call DN to set up a onetime one mont deal.after a few hours of messing around with the dish and switches i finally got my signal good enough to watch.i turned on the receiver and got all the info i needed to give the rep such as soo and receiver numbers.sooo,now i call and gave them the info and everthing was ready to go.i turned on the receiver and only had 3 channels i think,but anyways i reset a few times and finially remembered i need to turn off the unit because it might need an update.....and it did...after the first one i had 100 or 101 caint remember exact channels but still only about 3 or 4,so i gave up and turned it off again and noticed it took another update.so i go back and got my paper with all the info i wrote down and noticed the software updated to 481,previouse was 480 i think.but anyways now when i turn it on it asks for an acess card.

2. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    If the "S00" number you mention is not "S19" or higher you've got an obsolete smartcard and it needs replacing.

3. mikew15

mikew15 New Member

Aug 6, 2013
    there was no external card at the beginning,i was under the impression the card was internal

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The built-in "card" cannot be updated/upgraded so it must be replaced with a newer conventional card.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    call CSR and ask for new card, perhaps they will waive charges for it if you are good customer

6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The TS is probably not on the A-list after a four year hiatus.