DPP44 install questions

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by damondlt, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    I ordered my 211z and Dpp44 switch to install with my current 2 hopper 2 joey setup.
    My question is after I install the DPP44, is there steps that have to be taken with the Hoppers to configure the system the right way.?
    Like doing a check switch?

Any tips will be great.

2. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    When I first had my HwS system installed I tried to keep my two dish set up due to the 1k2 dish's propensity for rain and snow fade. But the Duo Nodes kept burning out. It was determined that the DPP44 switch was the culprit. So because the Duo Nodes were said to be so expensive and the tech crew didn't know what the real problem was, no more investigating would be done and I had to lose my two dish set up for a 1k2 and have rain and snow fade most every storm.

So beware of using a DPP44 with a Duo Node. Unless they have discovered the problems and fixed it? In that case, I would like to know what the fix is so I can get my two dish set up back.

3. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Well I know there are people here that have DPP44 in there hopper setups. You would need them for more then a 2 hopper setup, and you need them if you have any Vip211s on your Hopper account .

But I noticed that I have alot of unanswered dish questions here.
    So I guess no one here has any hands on experience.

Thanks for the limited help Dbstalk.

4. Blueflash

Blueflash New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    "Thanks for the limited help Dbstalk"

Your welcome hope when you find your answer elsewhere you come back and post the answer so that "the limited help Dbstalk" can be up improved.

5. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    All anyone wants to talk about is who is better than the other.
    There is like no Dish technical support or help with any questions I've had posted for days.

So again thanks for your excellent input on the matter.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    If you need immediate assistance please contact DISH Network directly via their toll free number or find a local DISH installer who will be happy to help you (for a fee).

As for your question in this thread, diagrams have been posted in your other threads to give instructions as to how to connect the Hopper and ViP211 to a DPP44. You were given instructions in advance of your initial install as to what you would need to do in a upgrade. Perhaps you should read your previous threads.

As for me .., I have a DPP44 and a two Hopper setup and considered running through the instructions given to you again ... but your poor attitude toward the assistance you have been provided has convinced me to spend my time on other threads or other endeavors.

Please read your install thread for assistance. The diagrams and information are there. If you do not understand them please seek professional help (from DISH).

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.