1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRA vs DO....?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by 356B, Sep 30, 2011.

1. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    DRA has not worked for me in weeks....miraculously today is is operating, my server previously was 14 now it is 35. DO is it's usual screwy self, recordings occasionally show and timers most never show.......I find it very disconcerting that no one from Dish, even the DIRT team has not had information relative to observations paying customers have been reporting for months.......................With the Blockbuster deal happening who knows......?

2. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    yea mine is loging in on 33? Used to be 15 or 3?? I tryed loging in just now got in but no conection to my922? Im not anywhere close so maybe weather related???

3. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    I'm watching DRA as I write, DRA by far is far superior to Do.

4. TreborG2

TreborG2 Cool Member

Jun 23, 2008
    DRA has been in existance for a lot longer too ...

DO has in the three short months its been *out* of beta improved... but it still has the *worst* of DRA and even more problems.

One keypoint I've never liked about DRA was the "Grouping" it did ... like someone never had a DVR .. the very first time you go into the DVR page, you're sorted by Date Recorded .... if you want to group you have to go in and set grouping options.. and there's a good reason *not* to group .. for new-ish content .. you want to see the stuff you recorded more recently because that's the stuff you probably haven't seen yet..

But both DRA & DO group things by default ... DRA's worst is that the Date it uses to sort is the date of the show, *not* the date of the recording.. so if your dvr is littered with recordings (like mine) You record the movie 2001 A Space Odyssey last night ... but recorded Harry's Law last week .. when you go to DRA to find them .. you'll find Harry's Law (nbc, very good show!) listed before 2001 .. and 2001 will probably be at the VERY VERY bottom of the list in DRA ... since Harry's Law started last year 2010 ... but 2001 A Space Odyssey is from 1968!

Anyway.. recently the server number has jumped for handling DRA back end.. ie.. before this week you would routinely see dish1 ~ dish16 dot sling dot com .... but in this past week there have been reports of dish35 and dish36 seen..

So perhaps dish did finally bring more online to handle the upswing of users with sling enabled 922's and Sling Adapters..

it won't change the DishOnline experience much... since they still haven't figured out the corruption of user accounts issue ... which links to problems with missing channels, improper channels, and "DVR" not populating with our recordings..