Dragon Age: Origins anyone

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by bonscott87, Nov 9, 2009.

1. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Best....RPG....evar.

Heck, best *game* evar.

Nuff said. :D

2. Jim Parker

Jim Parker Icon

Aug 12, 2003
    I got it for the PS3 last weekend. I've got about 8 hours play into it so far, playing as a mage.

I started it on the 'easy' level, so it's not much of a challenge. I'll probably start it over on the normal level before I get to far into it.

3. h2on0

h2on0 New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Does anyone have an opinion on which platform would be the best to get? Preferrably PS3 or PC?

4. Jim Parker

Jim Parker Icon

Aug 12, 2003
    I have the PS3 version, but in reading the review of the PC version, the PC version has an extra view mode that lets you zoom out farther to see the battle better.

On the other hand, the PS3 is on the 67" with 7.1 surround.

As a general rule, I prefer playing on the PC. There are a lot of mods for games that are only available on the PC version. I bought a left hand joy stick and bolted it to a board that sits in my lap. The keyboard sits next to it, and the mouse pad is on the right. I can use the joy stick to move in a circle around a target and use the mouse click to whack the stuffing out of it. :box:

However, my wife has gotten addicted to some online games, so it was the PS3 version or sharing the computer. ;)

I found out that there is a BIG difference between the "easy" and "normal" settings. After about 20 hours at easy, I had been killed a couple of times. I switched to normal, and died 4 times in a row before winning the first battle. The next 3 battles were just as tough. I got my butt kicked. :kickbutt:

5. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Just ordered Dragon Age today via Amazon. Struggled with PC vs 360, but since I got a brand new shiny top of the line Dell Studio XPS 9000 on Saturday, I went with the PC version. Can't wait ...