1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSL and 622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by yellowcanary73, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowcanary73

yellowcanary73 Mentor

Mar 5, 2006
    Has anybody noticed any problems when hooking up the phone line on the 622 when you have DSL.I used the filter but it seems to run a lot slower almost as slow as dail up.

Thanks

2. caseystone

caseystone Mentor

Feb 21, 2006
    Why would it be any faster than dial up?

(dial up is just what it's doing)

-Casey

3. caseystone

caseystone Mentor

Feb 21, 2006
    Are you saying it slows down your DSL connection when you use your computer?

It did not affect mine.

-Casey

4. Sukey

Sukey Cool Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Do you have more than 5 items using filters. Phones, dish boxes etc. I read there is some kind of limitation that affects performance as you add more filters. Might be able to check that out.

5. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    Yeah, more than 5 filters can cause impedence issues on the line. There are special filters you can get when you need more than 5. As far as the 622, there is no way that it could effect the DSL itself.

6. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    If you have more that five devices that require filters you should be using a "whole house filter" (it is really a splitter/filter). It requires that you have a direct line running from the splitter/filter to the DSL modem. Everything else is on the filtered side of the device. In some areas, the DSL provider provides them at no charge (in lieu of individual filters). In other areas you must purchase one yourself.

I am using one and there is no degradation in speed on my DSL modem and I have three satellite receivers plugged into the phone line.

7. yellowcanary73

yellowcanary73 Mentor

Mar 5, 2006
    I have only two filters hooked up at this time one for my phone,one for the 622.

Thanks

8. voripteth

voripteth Legend

Oct 25, 2005
    I have 3 filters hooked up and don't see any performance problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.