1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV 2nd Dish Installation and Switch diagram

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by junki, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    DirecTV is going to begin broadcasting local channels in some markets using the 72.5 degree orbital position. In these markets, customers will have to have a second dish installed in order to receive local channels. Here is a diagram for the Switch and Dish installation.

Free info, pass it on to all.

2. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    another attachment

3. Sky I

Sky I AllStar

Sep 22, 2004
    Junki,

THANKS !!!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

4. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    Line of sight and Receiver compatibility

5. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    DVR Software update

6. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    Samsung Filter

7. beasst37799

beasst37799 Legend

Mar 8, 2004
    not to get off the subject but do they make any of these new mulitswitches with an antenna input (just makes my life easier to run it this way)

8. chastulsa

chastulsa Mentor

Dec 4, 2003

Terk makes them check your local Circuit City

9. beasst37799

beasst37799 Legend

Mar 8, 2004
    i ment the new multiswitches like they have for the new sat locations so that when they launch the spaceway sats in may and they either add or replace the dish i currently have that i only need to swap out the cables and not have to split the antenna signal 8 ways .

10. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    Yeah check your local Circuit City

11. larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    How exactly does the flexport manage to feed 8 receivers with only 1 feed from the 72.5? Unless the LNB is stacked, you would have a voltage fight with only 1 cable. How do they get around this. I didn not see that a special LNB was needed for the 72.5...

12. dark3d

dark3d Cool Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Currently, they are only using half of the transponders. You'd have to use the second flexport for the other set of transponders . We're going to be running dual cable w/ messenger to the second dish so that we can ground the system.

13. dishster

dishster Guest

i am looking for a hdtv either a plasma or dlp around 50"
    can anyone please advise me on what resoulton is the best for
    the above listed hdtv technolgies ?

Thanks

14. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    It VERY simple - since 72.5 will ONLY be used for locals, & since D* can make sure ALL locals for a particular market will ALWAYS be on 1 polarity, there really is no need to have access to BOTH of them on any particular install. Once the receiver figures out WHICH polarity it needs (determined by your particular set of locals) it can just leave that 1 LNB output locked to that same polarity for good.

15. memory1

memory1 Guest

Is there a way to force upgrades to 3.1.1d on a series two unit like a Hughes Hdrv2(3) ?

16. larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    However, D* has stated that they can move your locals to a different transponder at any time. And as for the flexport, how does it know which voltage to send out? The installation diagrams state that you always use the #1 flex port......

17. Installer

Installer Guest

The reciever will request the information using its assigned voltage and frequency. the multiswitch will then assign the task to the correct port in this case it would be the flex port or on a 4x8 it would be one of the ports using a 22khz tone. the multiswitch deignates which port is powered at which voltage the lnb can go either way they have no preference.

18. jim2074

jim2074 New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Installer was out yesterday to add local channel. I currently have a round two lnb dish and a 4x8 switch in house with 4 receivers of which one is a dtv tivo unit.

Rather than run a feed into the house from the added sat for 72.5 he hung a multi-switch on the back of the sat outside and tied in the existing feeds into house.

This did not work and the installer could not figure out what was causing the problem. I still have the regular channels but not local. They are going to send another installer out. Do you think the problem may be two multiswitches. Any suggestions or ideas.

Regards

19. beasst37799

beasst37799 Legend

Mar 8, 2004
    yes i think thats it u cant have 2 multiswitches hooked up like your decribing i would tell the next installer that u have a 4x8 multiswitch he will have to replace it with a 6x8 multiswitch

20. jim2074

jim2074 New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Sorry I stated that the multi-switch was 4x8. The current one is 3x8 with lnba and lnb b and uhf/vhf input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.