DTV Cancel Process

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by VaJim, Jan 10, 2018.

  1. wmb

    wmb Godfather

    737
    92
    Dec 17, 2008
    My current D* bill is about the same as yours was. I looked at D*Now, I'd need the $50 package to pickup the channels we watch - NBCSN for EPL, and a couple of others, and ESPN+ ($5 per month) when it comes online for MLS. We also have Netflix (originally for my daughter who is now in grad school, but still uses the account), and are starting to watch a few things now, like The Crown.

    I had about $75 in bill credits from D* that expired last fall. I think I'm under contract until next month.

    Last week I had an issue with the Sat service and while waiting on it to get fixed, picked up an Apple TV and a DTN trial offer. I need to wife to test drive the set up before I call D* to cancel. My feeling is that going to streaming now is slightly more inconvenient than the current D*setup, even with DTN (I lose a couple of locals we watch occasionally which I could get using an antenna). So, keeping D* is worth a little more than the straight-up streaming configuration.

    For me, the cost of getting what I am getting from D*using streaming is $60 per month. I would stay for somewhere around $70, just not to have to go spelunking through various apps to get the content I can get directly from the d* guide.
     
  2. CTJon

    CTJon Godfather

    979
    125
    Feb 5, 2007
    At the moment DTVnow does not offer locals and sports networks in my area so that is a no go for me. I don't want a separate source for locals and a different DVR solution for locals. Also from what I read the cloud based DVR they are testing/ planning only has 20 hours of recorded capability so I'm not sure that will do either. Probably will take a look at it in the future but at the moment it doesn't have what I need.
     
  3. VaJim

    VaJim Godfather

    733
    23
    Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    yeah.....I got the same offer in the mail. The problem is i don't want to enter into another contract. If they can figure a way to make the same offer with no contract, i might consider it. Heck they can put the 24 month contract on their $300 Visa offer. If I'm still with them then, then they can give me the Visa.
     

Share This Page

spam firewall

Advertisements