1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV getting voom?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by turey22, May 14, 2008.

1. turey22

turey22 Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    I have been reading that DIshnetwork took away alot of the voom channels off there programming. Does anybody think that D* might get any of the voom channels?

2. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I hope they don't waste our bandwidth on that, but you never know.

3. turey22

turey22 Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    lol i would like to have World Sports because of the soccer or if they just give us setanta in hd ill be happy.

4. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    Voom seems to be in need of another host right now. Who knows what the eventual outcome will be. Will Voom die? Will they sit down and hammer out a deal with D* or E* or even cable? Stay tuned.

5. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Don't we need a headline about Charlie's Voom Midnight Massacre?

I don't see DirecTV adding these channels unless they are significantly upgraded.

6. Araxen

Araxen Icon

Dec 18, 2005
    I'd like to see Directv stick it to Charlie and pick them up if D11 has a ton of extra bandwidth. I wouldn't mind Kung Fu HD channel though.

7. richiephx

richiephx Godfather

Jan 18, 2006
    I would love to see D* add VOOM just to irritate all the D* fanboys and hear what they have to say after all the years of making negative comments about VOOM. Will they be able to comment or will they be quiet and eat crow? :lol:

8. turey22

turey22 Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    the only good channel that voom has is world sports.

9. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    They will probably be quiet, like the Dish fanboys who just a couple of days ago were claiming that Dish would not drop anything when adding the new HD channels.:)

I've always said I'd like to have Voom on DirecTV, but most people are posting that the repetition was worse than ever just before Dish dropped them. Also, my interest in Voom was in Monsters and Kung-Fu, and all the HD movie channels that DirecTV has now are keeping me occupied.

10. bgartz

bgartz Legend

Jun 23, 2006
    Would be interesting if D* picked up a few channels. Voom might be more inclined to offer a good deal for D* to add a few channels. I would love to see MonstersHD.

11. rkish

rkish Legend

May 8, 2008
    Doesn't VOOM have an animation channel?

12. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    Yea Monsters was great 2yrs. ago. They ran all the classics and really mixed it up. But within the last year they really let the package go. I guess Rainbow forgot rule #1 "You gotta spend money to make money."

13. jal

jal Icon

Mar 3, 2005
    E* announces 20 new hd additions, then fails to mention it would be dropping 15 the next day. Regardless of what one thinks of the dropped Voom channels, its net 7 channels. Slick marketing.

14. turey22

turey22 Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    Thats dish network for you. :lol:

15. Jestr40

Jestr40 Godfather

Jul 22, 2007
    The biggest complaint I am seeing about VOOM is the lack of 'new' programing. This would not be a problem for most of the D* subs because we have never seen anything that VOOM has. It would be nice to have all 'new' HD programming. If VOOM would commit to D* that they would improve the number of new shows in the future then it would be a no-brainer for D* to add VOOM at a bargain price as VOOM has no leverage right now.

16. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    DirecTV has stated several times that they have no interest in Voom and have actually laughed about Voom and Dish in conference calls. They also don't want to waste any bandwidth on Voom at this time.

Having said that if Voom is still around 2 years from now after the next 2 sats go up and there isn't anything else to add then you never know.

But it would be funny if DirecTV picked up say 2 or 3 of the Voom channels just to poke a stick in Charlies eye. :D

17. turey22

turey22 Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    who's charlie?

18. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    CEO of Dish, Charlie Ergen.

19. dpfaunts

dpfaunts Godfather

Oct 17, 2006
    I'm sure the real answer to the question is the Starkist Tuna ;)

20. dhines

dhines Godfather

Aug 16, 2006
    heck, if they can get it at a bargin price . . . i say add it. would love to see la liga in HD.