DTV IPhone App

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by ron_s, Feb 15, 2021.

1. ron_s

ron_s DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

May 27, 2020
    I just relocated from a market in NH that got both NH locals (ABC, PBS) and Boston, MA locals (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, MY TV, PBS). I am now located in the Bangor, ME market. I am unable to stream any of the local channels in the DTV app anymore. I understand that the locals up here are affiliates and not network owned/operated as they were where I lived before, so I was wondering if the Bangor stations really don't have a streaming deal with Directv, or if my app is just messed up from the transition. The weird thing is that when I change the slider from "Watch on iPhone" to "Browse for TV," when in the guide view, it doesn't even show any of the local channels except for CBS (5) and FOX (22). NBC is channel 2 and ABC is channel 7, but neither show on the screen. Neither do PBS (12), or The CW (14). Shouldn't they show up in the guide for browsing what's on TV? The weirdest thing is that ABC 7 and FOX 22 are owned by the same affiliate and even advertise on air as "FOX ABC MAINE" and to go to foxbangor.com, even when watching ABC.

Attached Files:

2. ron_s

ron_s DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

May 27, 2020
    So, when I installed the app on a cheap android I use for work, it shows all the local channels under the Watch on TV Guide view. No locals under "Watch on iPhone." Seeing this, I deregistered and logged out of my iPhone DTV app, deleted it, restarted and reinstalled the app, and logged in. It's still only showing CBS 5 and FOX 22 under the Watch on TV guide, but when I change to "Watch on iPhone," it still shows the Boston locals before telling me I'm not in the Boston area and can't stream them. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this fixed? It seems that the apps are still thinking my account should get Boston locals. My service and billing address on the DTV website are both my new Bangor area address.