DTV LCC: NBC (channel 8) and CBS (channel 3) swapped - Grand Rapids/Battle Creek/Kalamazoo, MI

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by B. Taylor, Aug 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. B. Taylor

B. Taylor New Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Antenna Installation:
    Outdoor, large, high up on roof (installed there 15 years ago, not sure the exact type)

Receiver Info:
    DTV Genie with LCC

Problem Description:
    In Grand Rapids, MI, I get both NBC (channel 8) and CBS (channel 3) on my LCC device (connected to a DTV Genie) but they are swapped, therefore the guide information is not correct for either channel.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Did you follow recent recommendations posted at "LCC" thread?
    Perhaps Reset and reboots will help your HR54 (?) get back to normal

3. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    There is a lengthy discussion of the LCC here:

LCC

4. B. Taylor

B. Taylor New Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Yes, I rebooted the receiver, I disconnected the LCC and reconnected it, I power cycled the LCC. I redid the OTA setup twice. DTV even sent me a 2nd LCC which behaves the same way. I am pretty certain that the OTA Database that DTV uses with their LCC device has an error in it, or the LCC's (or DTV receiver's) Software/Firmware has an error with the mapping of it. Just not sure where to go with this information, as it is way over the head of any DTV Tech Support person.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DTV's database is apparently correct: WOOD Channel 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3 on physical channel 7, WWMT Channel 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 on physical channel 8.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    That main thread "LCC' have last pages full technical info how-to … check it.