1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV Package

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by chascan66, Aug 8, 2010.

1. chascan66

chascan66 Cool Member

Nov 21, 2009
    My Income seems to be trickling down. What is DTV lowest price package that might not be well known or listed? Thanks in advance.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Select Choice and Family

3. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I've heard there's a 25.99 a month package that can only be had by going through the customer retention department.

4. Wire2Wire

Wire2Wire Cool Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Select choice - 39.99 thru retention.

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Call Directv and ask, they don't want to lose you but as you said they are unadvertised. Next question do they have channels you can live with, a lower price can mean fewer channels.

6. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Godfather

Feb 17, 2006
    Select is the best bang for the buck ($39.99). Family is the cheapest ($29.99). You need to call to be switched to either.

7. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Was told by a CSR that "Select" is available for long time customers only. Hard to say what D* determines what it considers long time. No harm in trying, That package does not contain some of the popular channels (SyFy, Travel, Food, Spike).

8. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Godfather

Feb 17, 2006
    Family does not have those either. But Select does have channels like USA, TNT, ESPN, etc., that are not part of Family.

9. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    This is probably their policy for new subs whose first year (with deep discounts) has just ended and they don't want to pay the regular price for the package they selected for the second year of their commitment.