1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV Pal DVR remote

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by ebaltz, Nov 24, 2017.

1. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    Wanted to re setup/use my Dish Network DTV Pal DVR but can't locate the remote. I've tried another dish remote which diodes the system info but nothing else. It does make the light flash on the box so its receiving commands. Tried my Harmony One as well same results. So I can't operate the box, change channels etc until i can get a remote working. Any thoughts? Help?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    set ID = 0 first

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Concur - 0 or 1, and it needs to be an IR remote.

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    A 20.0 remote will operate your DTV PAL DVR, Probably a 21 would also. It will be "fun" finding the remote address. The PAL DVR came with the special silver 5.3 IR remote.

General Dish remote address setting -
    1. put receiver on Sys Info screen
    2. on the remote, press the PAL or SAT button until all 4 are flashing
    3. enter the 2 digit address you want, press "#", then the record button. You should see the remote address change to your entered address.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    isn't need to press additional key "R" ?
    anyway - AVSforum has two dedicated thread for Pal DVR and his CM variant CM7000pal DVR, there all the manipulation, all compatible remotes, and much more dissected to last bit of info