DTV Telephone Overload

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Jon J, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    Last night my telephone answering system recorded a call from DTV asking me to phone an 877 number and change my preferences to allow them to phone me with special offers. I decided to give it a go, but the number is evidently overloaded since the call doesn't go through and I hear the three-tones and the old "all circuits are busy...call again" recording.

Things must be hot and heavy around the call centers these days. ;)

2. admiral39

admiral39 Legend

Nov 6, 2006
    Actually, I think you can do that online too, if you want to. Personally, I don't need DirecTV to tell me what I need and their special offers are usually more trouble that their worth. But, if you don't mind the telemarketing, then by all means.

3. mgusler

mgusler Mentor

Aug 6, 2002
    I got that call last night too. Had a good laugh with the Mrs. They made a solicitation call soliciting my permission to make solicitation calls to me. :lol:

I hung up. I don't need them calling me when I have this forum to keep me more up to date than their CSRs.

4. scottia

scottia New Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Absolutely correct. I did the same as this forum has multitudes of information that CSRs DONT.

5. sleeks

sleeks Cool Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Same thing here. We laughed that were calling me to get my permission to call me. :D

6. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    I searched all through my online preferences, etc., and couldn't find it. ;)

7. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Got it too - what a HOOT!!!
    Actually, all you had to do is press 1 to allow D* to call you on your account, which I did - thought maybe I'd get a hot deal on a new HR20, since I have NOT upgraded (yet)...

8. Hoffer

Hoffer AllStar

Jun 18, 2007
    I got that call last week. I thought it was an odd call. They called me to tell me I'm on a do not call list, asking if they could add me to the call list.

9. DaveEv

DaveEv Mentor

Sep 20, 2007
    From what I've read in other threads, folks have looked up the calling number, and it is a telephone marketing company called AdCom that is making the calls.

10. rrrick8

rrrick8 Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2007
    That is correct. they sell Home Theater products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.