dtvpal dvr?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bnewt, Dec 30, 2008.

1. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    how do I change the remote address on this unit? When I try to operate it, I also oeprate my 722

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    My advice is to change the remote address on your 722.

Unplug your DVTPAL DVR.
    Put your 722 on the screen where you can see the remote address assigments.
    Hold the SAT button until all 4 lights start blinking.
    enter some number from 2-16 that is not being used elsewhere.
    press "#"
    press "Record"

After this you should see the remote address on the 722 be the same as you just entered. Be sure to change any additional remotes that were also on TV1 remote address.

Trust me - you REALLY want to leave the DTVPAL DVR on address 1.

3. ch3

ch3 Mentor

Nov 30, 2004
    I had the same problem between the DTVPal DVR and 625. Both were set to 1 and there were no instructions in the DTVPal DVR manual for changing it. So I changed the 625 to 5.

However, the 625 was still responding to the DTVPal DVR's remote. :eek2:

I tried the same procedure listed in the 625 manual with the DTVPal DVR, going to the sysinfo screen first. I was able to change the DTVPal DVR's remote address to 3 and all was good. :hurah:

4. jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    If it's like the non-dvr DTV-Pal, it is fixed. You have to change the other receiver.

5. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006

Use the same procedure for the DTVPal remote. This will fix the problem. I also had the same issue. Here is a direct quote from Dish.

"You can change the address by bringing up the System Info screen on whichever (one) box you want to change (this should show the existing remote address on it), then, with the relevant remote, press and hold the 'SAT' key until all the keys at the top light up, then press a 2-digit number (say 05), then press the Pound key (#), wait a second or two, then, pointing the remote at the box, press the Record key. You should see the remote address on the System Info screen change to the number you entered, and that should be it!"

6. ch3

ch3 Mentor

Nov 30, 2004
    It's not like the non-dvr DTVPal. They just didn't bother putting the procedure in the manual.

7. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    I wound up changing the address on the 722. Seems like both are working properly now