1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual OTA Adapter working for others?

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by speedboat, Aug 6, 2017.

1. speedboat

speedboat AllStar

Sep 22, 2009
    I bought one from eBay and one from Amazon. After a couple of hours they each died, I suspect because of overheating. I have to reboot the Hopper 3 to make it operational again for a couple of hours. Not very useful. I do have a cabinet, but with a thermostat and 4 large fans it is as cool as room air. Keep exchanging or does someone have another idea?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    i would definitely exchange them first regardless anything

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    My oven has a thermostat. It was set to 450 for last nights dinner.

What temperature is it inside the cabinet? Mine is open air (room temperature) and has not failed (original Hopper).

4. speedboat

speedboat AllStar

Sep 22, 2009
    78 degrees, just like the rest of the room.

5. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    Plug the module into the front USB jack so you can put the module outside of the cabinet. See if that improves things.

6. speedboat

speedboat AllStar

Sep 22, 2009
    My cabinet was set to 76 degrees. As long as the cabinet and room temp was 76 or higher, my fans would run and the OTA dongle was fine, but we had a couple of cool nights recently and the fans shut down and my OTA dongle over heated and appeared to have been unplugged to the Hopper 3. A separate, always running fan pointed at the dongle seems a more permanent solution.