Dual OTA USB adapter

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by audiomaster, Feb 22, 2019.

1. audiomaster

audiomaster DBSTalk Club Member

Jun 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Thinking of getting one of these. Has anyone compared the sensitivity of the single and dual tuner units? I am picking up Columbia, SC OTA channels at about 45 miles on an 8 bowtie antenna with preamp in the attic, but with some pixelization. Wonder if the dual tuner module might give me just a bit more or less signal?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    it's very individual … different location, different OTA antenna..
    try to find better location (higher as you can) and direction; your type of antenna have eight figure diagram, so if stations coming from different directions, then it would be hard to aim
    get tvfool and rabbitears and antennaweb sites, see what you can get at your house exactly

3. audiomaster

audiomaster DBSTalk Club Member

Jun 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    I understand all that. Was just wondering if anyone had been able to scan more channels if they changed from the single to dual tuner dongle? Assuming same antenna/ location. I know I can get more stations direct to my Samsung 82 inch S8 tv antenna input than off the Dish single tuner dongle. But it's nice to have everything on the H3 so I can record.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    the OTA antenna is the key for good signals;
    perhaps need use two bowties antennas covering 360 degree;
    and sitting on tall tower ;)

5. jscudder

jscudder Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    I have no personal experience with the Dual tuner but I have heard it is less sensitive than the older single tuner because it splits the signal coming in. It also has been said to run very hot and needs good ventilation.

6. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    That is the old dual tuner made by haupagge.
    The new dual made by Lark doesn't run hot and works just as good as the single by Pace. (Actually better)

7. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    What feedline are you using? Is there ANY RG-59U in there? If there is, replace it with RG-6, or better, coaxial cable.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    It will made no difference if TS have 25' run

9. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I recommend buying the Dual tuner adapter from AirTv.net.

Be sure you get the $29.99 AirTV Dual-Tuner Adapter, it has the same innards as the Lark, but half the price.