1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by PK6301, Jun 24, 2012.

1. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    While scrolling through the guide the other day I noticed an channel duplicate.

When I had Direct installed I had an old SD TV, so the installer hide all the HD channels. Later I upgraded to an HDTV so I unhid the HD channels and hid the Duplicate SD channels.

All is well and good except for channel 266 The BIO channel.

I get BIOHD and BIO both saying 266.

I am :confused: Confused

Anyone else notice this? It is not really a problem or a concern, just an observation.

Thanks.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Have you tried un-hiding SD Duplicates and then re-hiding SD Duplicates? That's worked for me in the past.

3. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    I have the problem with FX and FXHD. Earlier I unhid and rehid the SD duplicates but the wife has been Couch Commander all day so I havent gotten to check on it.

4. randyk47

randyk47 Icon

Aug 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm having that problem with the History channel, both the HD and SD versions show on my guide. I've done resets, hide/unhindered/hide SD routine, etc., etc., but no change. Interestingly it only shows on my HR21, not the two HR20's. :confused::)

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Check your Favorites list too just to make sure that you don't have both selected to show up.

- Merg

6. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    I was finally able to check mine and after unhiding/hiding FX SD went away.

7. randyk47

randyk47 Icon

Aug 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    That's a good idea but unfortunately it didn't work. :) Just tried that and the SD History Channel version isn't listed. It's really not an issue and would be more annoying if it were all the SD versions but it's just this one channel on just one receiver....weird. It's not like I'm losing sleep over it. Biggest problem in my life right now is that the ice-maker water line inside my refrigerator burst yesterday and turned the freezer half of my refrigerator into a giant block of ice......now that's a problem! :grin:

8. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    A smiley face when the freezer is a block of ice? You are a gem of a person, I would be livid or at least frustrated.

I hope you get things fixed soon.

9. randyk47

randyk47 Icon

Aug 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    $200 later, not to mention the cost of lost food, and things will be just fine in a couple of days. :( Got to smile, crying won't do much good. :)

10. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    With some fiddling I was able to get the duplicate BIO channel deleted.. I unhid the SD's and then rehid them. That took care of the problem.
    I thought I created a bigger problem, the guide was running slower. But things started to pick up after a while.