Duplicate HD local channels in Guide

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kram, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 9, 2008 #1 of 16
    kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    Has anyone else encountered this: There now are two HD listings for each local channel in the Guide, making a total of three listings for each channel. For example, in Denver I have two listings for KUSA HD and one KUSA SD. I reset the box (using the internal reset option), but this didn't result in any changes. Also, ABC seemed to have no HD at all last night. :(

Any ideas about what's going on? (Haven't gotten the new release yet -- at least not as of last night.)

2. Jan 9, 2008 #2 of 16
    Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    Are you using OTA? If you have OTA AND HD Locals via DirecTV, there would be 3 listings. SD from DirecTV, HD From DirecTV, and OTA.

3. Jan 9, 2008 #3 of 16
    Mike728

Mike728 Icon

Oct 29, 2007
    1 OTA HD and 1 DirecTV HD listing?

4. Jan 9, 2008 #4 of 16
    kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    No OTA. Other ideas?

5. Jan 9, 2008 #5 of 16
    kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    I am getting no where with DirecTV. Is there anyone out there in the Denver metro area who is experiencing this also???????

Please help!

Thanks.

6. Jan 9, 2008 #6 of 16
    starbiker99

starbiker99 AllStar

Feb 23, 2005
    Yup I live in Parker and do not use OTA and I have duplicates as well. Didn't notice it until I read your post. They weren't there 2 days ago I am sure of that.

7. Jan 9, 2008 #7 of 16
    jbrychka

jbrychka New Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Same issue here. I'm in Littleton. I just noticed it today.

8. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    I was on the phone with D* last night for about 2 hours. This was before folks from the Denver area posted their replies. D* thought the issue was isolated to my receiver, and stepped me through fruitless restarts and resets. The guy escalated the problem to a "tech support coordinator," whatever that means.

Since we now know that this is not an isolated problem, I will call D* back and tell them.

Thanks to you from Denver metro for posting!

------------------------------------------------------
    Just called D* to let them know.... (updated 7:26 AM, MST)

9. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    If you folks could also call D* and tell them about the problem it would substantiate the fact that this is not an isolated problem.

Thanks.:)

10. starbiker99

starbiker99 AllStar

Feb 23, 2005
    I will try and call in when I get home and ask about the duplicate guide date as well as my audio dropouts. Not that it will do any good.

11. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    That would help. Thanks. So I'm not the only one experiencing lots of audio dropouts....

By the way, D* seems to have instituted a new system of dealing with tech support issues. As far as I could tell, there is no more "Tech Support." You talk to a vanilla customer service rep, who talks through their script. At the end, when they haven't been able to help you (and I told her right up front that she probably wouldn't be able to), you have to ask to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor then calls you back (if you're lucky). If the supervisor can't help you, s/he escalates the issue to the "tech support coordinator," who then calls you back in 2-3 days!!!:lol: :lol:

12. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    I live in Aurora and do not have the problem.

My HR21 only lists one HD and one SD for the locals that have HD.

My HR20s both have OTA so there are 2 HDs and one SD for those locals with HD, but that is how it should be with OTA.

13. Wolf_Racer

Wolf_Racer New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I live in Highlands Ranch and have duplicate HD local channels and have some audio drop outs.

14. evw81

evw81 Cool Member

Nov 29, 2004
    I had duplicate local HD listings (with SD duplicates hidden) off and on for 2 or 3 days. Seems OK now. I'm also in Highlands Ranch but running the latest CE release.

15. starbiker99

starbiker99 AllStar

Feb 23, 2005
    My duplicates have gone away. I called about the audio dropouts and got a response to try another cable to my A/V receiver. I replied it was the same cable that went to my Directivo and it never dropped out. I obliged anyway and told them I would switch the cables between my R21 and PS3 and see what happens and call back. :(

16. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    The problem seems to have resolved itself. No more duplicates.

By the way, no return call from the "tech support coordinator." So much for that....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.