Duplicate Recordings?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Athenian, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Athenian

Athenian Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    Is there any sort of duplicate management on the HR24? On our old DirecTV TiVos, duplicates didn't happen; if you tried to record a duplicate you would get a message that the episode had been recorded in the most recent 30 days. On the HR24, I'm getting duplicates from the same day. How can I avoid this?

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Yes, there is a 28 day rule. Whether or not you get duplicates though depends on the guide data. If the guide data doesn't have the information to let the DVR know it's the same episode it will still get recorded. Some examples would be Colbert Report and Daily Show. Comedy Central for some reason puts out funky data for these shows so you wind up with multiples per day.

3. Athenian

Athenian Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    I was familiar with the Daily Show issue but now it seems that all of my channels must have messed up guide data -- HGTV, PBS, History Channel. It's very frustrating.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    You could always flush your guide data and have it re-download. You can do that by choosing Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Reset > Restart Receiver twice within a 30 minute time frame. Do it once and then again once you are back to live TV after the first reboot. No guarantee this will help but at least you'll know you have the most recent guide data available.