1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR changing channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by a k, Oct 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. a k

a k Mentor

Jan 1, 2008
    :confused: I have a new HR22-100, and when I turn it on in the morning or if I let it play for any lenght of time, I come back and it is on screen saver and it has switched to a 9000 channel all by itself. Any one else heard of this? My 3 HR20-700 are fine.

Puzzling.

:confused:

2. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I have a HR20 700 that does the same thing while my other one is fine it is very annoying to say the least

3. Holz

Holz Mentor

Sep 11, 2007
    my hr21 started doing this after the upgrade. whenever i wake up, it's usually on a channel in the 9000s or 1000s. i figured it might just be downloading information, although my hr20 is fine.

4. n6nfg

n6nfg AllStar

Feb 1, 2008
    I caught my HR20-700 doing this live last night (running 290). I switched to a local OTA channel at 2 minutes before 11pm PST and watched it switch itself to channel 97xx (don't remember which) at exactly 11pm. There was nothing noted on the info for this channel, and the screen was all light gray. Hmmm, I guess the OP wasn't imagining this! I switched it back to the original channel without any issues.

Oh, and this never seemed to happen before 290 installed.

5. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I have one of my machines that seesm to be a PPV confirm screen every morning. IT is on screensaver, then I hit any button and am greeted by a grey screen with soem PPV to confirm, search for other showings and one other option. None of which are cancel IIRC. If I hit exit it does nothing. If I go to the guide, it starts at whatever channel it was supposed to be on, not a PPV. IF I hit enter, it will tune me to that channel.

6. larryk

larryk Legend

Aug 17, 2006
    Yesterday morning, for the first time, this exact thing happened to me.
    I have an HR20-700, running 290 NR,
    Very Strange...