1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Corrupted Recordings?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by imikeyy, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Mar 9, 2013 #1 of 12
    imikeyy

imikeyy New Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I've been having this problem for a while, but I decided I wanted to fix it. Whenever I scroll down my playlist, when I reach a certain point, my list will just freeze. There are still more recordings below the one I am frozen at, I can see with the indicator arrow pointing down, but I can't get to them. I assume there is some kind of corrupted error, that maybe the receiver can't read the hard drive, but idk. Is there a way to remotely delete the recordings online? I'm connected through whole-home, and the same issue happens when I try to delete the recordings from other receivers in the house. If anybody has any advice, that's be great. I'd like to steer clear from wiping the drive completely, I have a lot of season passes. Thanks for the help

2. Mar 9, 2013 #2 of 12
    veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Not sure what's going on here, but if you want to remove some recordings, you might go to each DVR and change the playlist option from "all" to local. This will then show only the recordings on that DVR. Delete what you want, then change back to "all" and move to the next DVR and repeat this.

3. Mar 9, 2013 #3 of 12
    imikeyy

imikeyy New Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Oh yeah I've tried that. It's recordings only on the DVR in my room. I can't get to the ones on my DVR that I want to delete because when I scroll down my playlist, it will freeze, and then I have to exit the playlist in order to do anything b

4. ssandhoops

ssandhoops AllStar

Dec 2, 2007
    If you have an iPad, you can delete recordings via the iPad app.

5. imikeyy

imikeyy New Member

Aug 5, 2012
    The DirectTV for iPad? Or that Nomad app?

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Have you tried the Channel Down button to jump a page at a time ? Maybe it would jump over the problematic item. ??

7. imikeyy

imikeyy New Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Whether I do it one page or one item at a time it's the same problem. It gets stuck.

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Have you done a menu restart? You may have but I dont see where you say you did unless I missed it. If there are bad areas of the drive it will try and correct during the reboot process and attempt to fix what it can if it truly is a corrupt recording(s)

9. imikeyy

imikeyy New Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I hadn't done that, I didn't know that was possible, never heard of it. That won't delete any shows or season passes right?

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    No.

Unless, of course, the HD is bad and it crashes on reboot - which would happen eventually anyway.

11. imikeyy

imikeyy New Member

Aug 5, 2012
    How do I do that then?

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Menu - Settings - Reset - Restart Receiver