1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR groups???

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by olds403, Nov 3, 2008.

1. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    Okay, I checked the user guide, the sticky thread, and did a search and didn't find anything about this. I was trying to sort my recordings on my new 722 and found a groups option in the menu but it was grayed out. If I remember correctly it had groupings for movies, and series. This would be great if it worked, does it? How does one get the grouping feature to work? Thanks for any help, hope this is not a dumb question.

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    The Groups option creates a folder for multiple instances of the same program name. Not sure why your option would not be available. Do you have any multiple instances of the same program on your DVR? Maybe there has to be at least one, but that wouldn't make much sense which is why it's possible.

3. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    I was hoping for a folder for movies to separate them from the weekly shows I also dvr. The growing list of movies is getting long and takes a while to scroll through, would be nice if you could create your own folders by genre but that is probably just wishful thinking.

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I was hoping for Eva Longoria to come to my house. Looks we're both out of luck. :)

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I know this isn't the solution you're looking for, but I keep all my movies on an external hard drive. Unfortunately, you'd have to pay Dish a one-time activation fee and you'd have to buy an external hard drive. But it my 750GB drive holds over 100 movies.

6. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    I am planning on getting an EHD and activating it but was hoping for a little more elegant solution from the user interface. Actual folders would be nice. I did figure out the groups thing on the 722 after playing with it, but it seems that it only changes the sort(movies on top,or series on top) rather than actually separating them into folders and only displaying movies OR series. Thanks for the tips, I appreciate the help.

7. Tulsa1

Tulsa1 Godfather

Oct 15, 2003
    I'll send her your way when she finished here:D

8. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004