1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR networking via eathernet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by stblake10, Oct 22, 2008.

1. stblake10

stblake10 Godfather

Feb 1, 2007
    I thought I have read before that if you have a DVR/HD DVR connected via Ethernet to the internet that you could connect from that box others. How do you do this? If I am correct, you would on the first box connect the Ethernet port "1" to the internet and the port "2" go into the port "1" on the other DVR. It would be like a daisy chain effect. Is my thought process correct? And if so would this allow the access the both hard drives?

2. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Yes that is correct, but it does not allow access to both hard drives or any linking of the actual units. At this time it just allows multiple units to connect to the network through one wire/connection for VOD, PPV Ordering, etc..

3. stblake10

stblake10 Godfather

Feb 1, 2007
    Thnx for the info. I am wondering for the future if there would be a way for shows being recorded on one DVR hard drive to be accessed from another. That would be a cool and usefull feature.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    DirecTV has discussed "Multi Room Viewing" features in the past, but no official release dates.

5. stblake10

stblake10 Godfather

Feb 1, 2007
    I know that Verizon has this feature with it's boxes. I am not sure, but I think Comcast does as well. This would be a cool feature to add in a CE.

6. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Supposedly Directv2PC is a stepping stone to MRV, but we shall just have to wait and see ;)