DVR not recognizing other WH equipment

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by knoxbh, May 18, 2015.

1. knoxbh

knoxbh Legend

May 1, 2002
    The DVR in the kitchen (HR24-100) is not seeing any of the other DVRs in the WH system (4 other DVRs including a HR44). There is no playlist (and should be) but can record on it. The other DVRs see the kitchen DVR and can play something that we have record on it. Reception from the dish is o.k.

HELP?

2. waynebtx

waynebtx Hall Of Fame

Dec 24, 2006
    Kingsville,T...
    Had the same no playlist showing on my wifes HR24 i did a new download of the software and its working fine now

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'd reset the 24 twice inside 30 minutes (CLEARMYBOX scares me) and see if that helps. Might take a bit of time for the Playlist to repopulate, if it will. If it does, you're good to go. If not, I'd reset every HR you have and then see what happens. If that doesn't help, you might need a replacement.

Rich

4. knoxbh

knoxbh Legend

May 1, 2002
    Sorry to have to ask this, but how do I do a new download of the software? Many years ago, I knew how, but have forgotten. Thanks for your help. Sorry about the bad gramma!

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    there is never a good reason to force updates on Directv receivers. I would make sure that when you are on the play list and press the yellow button for options that the settings is for ALL and not LOCAL

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

6. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Why does it scare you?

7. knoxbh

knoxbh Legend

May 1, 2002
    Thanks to all who took the time to help me on this problem - tried everything suggested and nothing worked. Gave in and contacted Tech support on Directv. Tech tried everything and nothing solved the problem so sending out a truck tomorrow to replace the bad HR24. No extended contract since we have the replacement program. Hope this brings us a happy ending to a provoking situation. Thanks again.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Don't bother, I've tried that many times with various issues and it's never helped.

Rich

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Ahh, I used it on several HRs in one day and it screwed up my MRV system. Haven't used it since. Probably just my luck...

Rich

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Just out of curiosity, what did the...I'm laughing...can't type...D* tech...can't catch my breath laughing too hard...do? Whew, that was funny. :rolling:

Rich

11. knoxbh

knoxbh Legend

May 1, 2002
    Tech (really a nice guy and for once, knowledgeable) replaced the HR24 (which was bad as we suspected) and replaced the connection dongle (on the router) to make the WH possible and everything is working just great. Had heard really bad things about MASTEC techs but not this guy. If we ever need assistance in the future, hope we get him.

12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You should have gotten his cell number or his supervisor's number and told his supervisor how good he was. I did that and usually got the same guy for each call. What happened to you was a rarity.

Rich

13. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    The service issue, I can agree. Getting a good, I disagree.