1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Scheduler (iPhone) and sports subscriptions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by soetart, Jul 24, 2013.

1. soetart

soetart AllStar

May 25, 2007
    I am a regular subscriber to both MLB Extra Innings and NHL Center Ice. I regularly run into two seperate problems when trying to record a game using the DVR scheduler in the last few versions of the iOS application.

1. The program appears grayed out (,in the 700s, on the appropriate RSN channel or both). When clicking on the item it indicates that channel is not part of my subscription and does not allow me to record (I can record from the on screen guide just fine). This problem is intermittent, sometimes the channels are enabled, sometimes not. It's a day to day adventure that seems to have gotten worse recently.

2. When I am able to record a game, if the channel is a second or two late in being activated by D*, the DVR (HR24) recently has started cancelling the recording on its own and rescheduling for the next viewing it can find in the guide. This seems more of a problem when trying to record off an RSN (which is only active at gametime than a 700 channel).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I recently downgraded my app all the way back to 2.1.1 because even though though problem 1 appears there as well, it's less frequent than with the latest version of the software (2.5.2).

Thanks,
    Bill

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Bill-

This isn't much of an answer, as I have no experience with remote scheduling of MLB or Center Ice, but in general, for sports I always set from the receiver (er, not always, as sometimes I find something I want to see when I am in Keokuk).
    Some other guys will hopefully have better stuff on this.