DVR512 and universal remote - weird results

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by gentamicinman, May 20, 2010.

1. gentamicinman

gentamicinman New Member

May 20, 2010
    Hi-
    New to Dish network, but long time BUD (20 years) user - converted over since 4DTV signals in jeopardy as cable nets won't renew for 4DTV broadcast.

Happy with Dish receiver and ease of install and tuning - everything is great. Hope I found the right forum for this question...

I want to continue using my universal remote (have more devices than Dish remote will handle)

Setup the remote with the Dish code and presto, everything works fine. Recording, viewing, pause, etc. no problems. Power off and power on work great too.

The next day - the universal remote won't turn on the receiver. Nothing at all. Use the Dish remote and it turns on.

But - and this has happened two days in a row - if I go to the Dish 'system Information' display, then leave it - then my universal remote will work. And continue to work. At least until the next day - or ?? hours - I don't know. I can turn the 512 On or Off, do al the nornal things - just as though nothing happened.

HELP!

My universal remote is a OneForAll - URC-10820 (8 device, learning)

In advance, thanks