E-Ring

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by JM Anthony, Sep 22, 2005.

1. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    What a waste of good bandwidth. This show is so bad it has absolutely no redeeming qualities. Cheesy script and over the top acting. Watching this made me pine for summer reruns!!

John

2. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm going to give it another chance. But it was very weak on reality and even weaker on suspension of disbelief.

The script was shallow, and predictable.

See ya
    Tony

3. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    hmmm.... I recorded it, but still debating whether to watch it or not. That's one vote to delete immediately, and one vote to at least give it a try.

4. Jim Parker

Jim Parker Icon

Aug 12, 2003
    "Cheesy script and over the top acting. "
    "I'm going to give it another chance. But it was very weak on reality and even weaker on suspension of disbelief."

Both true for me. One more chance, but I don't hold out much hope. Dennis Hopper is the peak in over the top acting, so to speak.

5. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm hoping the program settles down from the pilot. So many TV shows change a bit after the Pilot that if the premise is a good one I will give it a second chance.

I just hope the "tough as nails half nuts CO" simmers to a slow boil rather that the frothing at the mouth "I'm gonna have your badge, Maverick!" charicature.
    I also hope that the "by the book, but not really Sgt." grows another dimension.

See ya
    Tony

6. bryan92

bryan92 Legend

Oct 30, 2003
    I almost stopped watching when Bratt called the Marine a Sergeant. I dont know how many here were in the Marines but the only Sergeant in the Marines is a Sergeant. She was a Master Sgt. Sorry, that just irks me.

7. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I'm likely to give it one more look as well. Competition in that time slot doesn't seem to be that strong. NBC in my mind is continuing their downhill slide. Earl is the only new show I've seen so far worth watching. I hope West Wing keeps the momentum going that the finally got started last season.

John

8. David_Levin

David_Levin Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 22, 2002
    I read the reviews and decided to skip it. My watch list is WAY too long this season.