1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easiest way to transer multiple episodes to dvd

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jmerrey, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmerrey

jmerrey Cool Member

Feb 18, 2007
    My father has the vip622 and has about 100 episodes of I Love Lucy recorded onto his unit. He also has a dvd recorder and wants to transfer the episodes to disc for his wife. He can fit 16 episodes on each disc. However, it is an quite tedious to transfer each episode manually. Does anyone have any ideas about a simpler way to do this?
    Thank you in advance.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Sorry, live playback dubbing is the only way to transfer to a DVD.

3. bruin95

bruin95 Godfather

Apr 23, 2006
    Yes, there is a very simple way. Buy the DVD's.;) Otherwise, you have ALOT of work ahead of you. Not worth it in my opinion.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    The storebought DVDs also would probably be of higher quality as well.

5. bruin95

bruin95 Godfather

Apr 23, 2006
    I've seen them. The PQ is fantastic. And no pesky commercials to deal with, either. Lots of bonus features, too.

6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You can buy nine seasons for $200 from Amazon.com.

7. Cocoatreat

Cocoatreat AllStar

May 16, 2006
    i have transferred shows and they worked out fine. i use eye tv with my powerbook. you can edit the shows & take out all the commercials... yes it takes time & is probably not as good as the commercial dvd.. however.. you can do it.. & it will still come out well.. there are various devices that will allow you to transfer.. mine is not in hd.. but now the newer eye tv hybrid will allow transfer to hd recordings! and it will save you $200! good luck!

8. ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn Icon

Jul 6, 2005
    Wish I had a buck for every time this question gets asked. :D
    Is the search function broke? :p

9. shortspark

shortspark Legend

Oct 25, 2006
    Get a pocketdish (Archos series E). This is a great product with brilliant screen, good sound and plenty of storage. Your father can download the episodes in no time flat to the PD and his wife can view them whenever and wherever she wants like in the car during a trip, on a plane - wherever. If she wants to see the shows at home the PD hooks up to the tv easily with audio/video cables.

The PD will cost a little more than the dvd series and you will have a neat device that I consider a must for anyone that has a 622. Like I said, download times are much, much better than trying to use real time transfer to DVDs. For example, a two hour color movie downloads from the 622 to the PD in about 8-10 minutes so I would think a black and white show would download even faster and take less memory as well (I know a three hour long opera from the Sirius music channel only takes about 7 minutes to download as it is audio only).

After saying all this I must tell you there have been some people who have had issues lately with the 622 freezing up during downloading to the pocketdish. It happened to me once or twice but I tried it again yesterday and it worked like a charm so who knows? There is a thread about this in either this 622 forum or the general dish comments forum, I can't remember which. But if that bug has been worked out and taken care of you will be very pleased with the PD as the best overall portable media machine you can own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.