1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastern Arc 61.5 & 72.7

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jrlead, Dec 27, 2008.

1. jrlead

jrlead Cool Member

Nov 27, 2005
    I have installed 3 1000.4 dish's and have had no results getting both 61.5 and 72.7 I ether get one or the other.
    I get both satellite locations to show up on my Birddog with a 95% signal. When I do a check switch I get the only one satellite. Any suggestions?

2. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    Sometimes you will get no satellites to show under the check switch until you do a software download. After a software download is complete you can do a check switch and everything should be fine. If you have done this and still have problems you are not hitting the satellites. Are you getting any signal quality or just signal strength on the Birdog?

3. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    My Birdog could not Ident 72 correctly. So I plugged the birdog into the third port and aimed it for 61.5. Then I go back plug into port 2, and peak 72w per the instructions.

4. jrlead

jrlead Cool Member

Nov 27, 2005
    I repeaked the dish and get a good check switch. Single strength 56 on 72.5 Now I get all channels except the ones on 72.5. I get the banner then the screen goes black. Called dish and they checked the software and gave me a hit. Nothing works, same on all receivers.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Do the receivers have the new G3 purple cards?

6. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    A few things:

- You need to make sure your Birdog has recent profiles for the sats, so that it can ID them properly. Go here: http://www.birdog.tv/configure.aspx?page=3, scroll down the list to the second section called "Names Satellites" and add all of the sats you use. Once they're all in the list on the right, you can arrange them however you like. Download the updater, and use your cable and the updater to update the memory in your meter. Anytime a satellite changes or a new one comes online, you need to update your meter.

- You need to use the DiSEqC submenu on your meter to select the proper port on the switch. Most of the time, just switching your Birdog to the orbital location isn't enough to switch the switch. Once you select, say, 77W, press and hold the down arrow until you see the DiSEqC submenu. IIRC, 77W is the 3rd port (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 61.5 is 1, 72.7 is 2, and 77 is 3), so arrow down to 3 and hit the right arrow. This sends a DiSEqC "clear" message to the switch, followed by a "Port 3" message. That will usually get you looking at the LNB correctly.

Note that I'm on the west coast, so we use this on the 500 and 1000.2 dishes. Port 1 is 119, Port 2 is 110, and for the 1000.2, Port 3 is 129.

7. ext1sxb

ext1sxb Cool Member

Nov 30, 2006
    The 1000.4 dish has:
    Port 1 is 77W,
    Port 2 is 72.7W,
    Port 3 is 61.5W,
    Port 4 is 'LNB in'.

8. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Yes sir.... This is correct.

I have the manual, but it is a paper copy. I would have to scan it.

9. Jason Nipp

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    The receiver needs to have the new smart card to read 72.5 west.

So look in sys info of the receiver and see if it says DNSP241 for the smart card version. This will tell you if you are ready for Eastern Arc programming. If your still at DNSP206... sorry, it's not gonna work until the smart card is ungraded by Dish.

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  11. Jason Nipp

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Thanks, I really didn't want to have to scan it page by page. ;)

12. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Godfather

Apr 21, 2008
    Is this the same thing as DNASP241? Or is there a subtle difference implied by the extra "A"?