1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EHD Priority with 2 Connected

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dbrakob, Oct 10, 2008.

1. dbrakob

dbrakob Godfather

Apr 25, 2006
    Hope someone may have the answer. I have an EHD connected to my 722 via the back usb port. If I were to get a second EHD setup for my 722 what would happen when I connected that to the front usb port? Does one have priority? or would this cause problems?

2. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    I'm pretty sure you can only connect one EHD.

3. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    As EXTACAMO said you can only connect one at a time. You can use a USB switch to connect several external drives and select the drive you wish to use. Do a search on this board to find information on USB switches that some of us use.

4. dbrakob

dbrakob Godfather

Apr 25, 2006
    So anybody know what would happen if I connected the second to the front USB port? Would my DVR freeze up, would I get an error message or would one have priority and still be useable?

5. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    I don't know. You could try it and see what happens. Then report your results here. I think I read some where on this board that only one USB port is active for data transfer at any one time.

6. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    You get an error message saying you can only use one USB device at a time. I tried using an EHD and a PocketDish at the same time one day. The receiver was not harmed (lock up or anything) and the error message went away when I unplugged the second device.